British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Getting Rid of my Los Angeles Office to help someone Open an L1 Office (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/getting-rid-my-los-angeles-office-help-someone-open-l1-office-870981/)

411 Jan 20th 2016 5:40 am

Getting Rid of my Los Angeles Office to help someone Open an L1 Office

So after several years of trying to build up enough business I have finally decided I dont want to move to Los Angeles. I have spent about 500K into the business and now I simply want to find a way to rent out all my spaces, as I am not able to commit to running a business in Los Angles.
Is there part of this forum where I can list my assets to help someone else that maybe interested in opening an office. I get tonnes of calls every day as my number is on the window but I am not keen on the type of businesses the locals tend to propose.
Thanks in advance

thinbrit Jan 20th 2016 4:06 pm

Re: Getting Rid of my Los Angeles Office to help someone Open an L1 Office

Main Index : British Expat Classifieds

411 Jan 20th 2016 4:10 pm

I checked it out already but no office category which is a pain

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 20th 2016 4:25 pm

What makes your office particularly suitable for a L1?

411 Jan 20th 2016 4:36 pm

Although Its classed as a C1 for light commercial Im only interested in using the units as offices. I think that alot of other businesses will bring a catalogue of issues for me as the landlord. Hairdressers will block the sink, legal marujana sales will have the wrong people hanging round the area and so on and so forth. Using it for L1 would mean that the persons business has already gone through the vetting process on my behalf. It would more than likely be a responsible tenant. Thats just my opinion. I may be wrong.

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 20th 2016 6:44 pm

If you want to use the premises as offices then let them as offices?

Not sure what vetting process you think is involved.

thinbrit Jan 20th 2016 7:40 pm

I'm not sure why you'd choose to handle this yourself. Why not just engage a reputable letting agency and let them handle it?

Nutmegger Jan 20th 2016 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by 411 (Post 11842818)
So after several years of trying to build up enough business I have finally decided I dont want to move to Los Angeles. I have spent about 500K into the business and now I simply want to find a way to rent out all my spaces, as I am not able to commit to running a business in Los Angles.
Is there part of this forum where I can list my assets to help someone else that maybe interested in opening an office. I get tonnes of calls every day as my number is on the window but I am not keen on the type of businesses the locals tend to propose.
Thanks in advance

Do you own this real estate, or will this be a sublet?

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 20th 2016 7:55 pm

There is a back story, see prior posts.

411 Jan 20th 2016 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 11843454)
Do you own this real estate, or will this be a sublet?

its mine, I bought a significant amount of real estate and was granted a B1 visa so Im spending half my time in London and the other in LA.

Im working on developing the land I purchased in Hollywood Hills, Glassell Park and various other areas in LA while I still live in London.

Reputable agents would want all units of 2500sf of office space for a 5 - 10yr lease but I would prefer to sublet some of the spaces as I still need a small office to operate any time I'm in LA.

Unfortunately I dont have enough staff to man my office in London to be full time in LA so I just have split my time between both places for now until things change.