Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting ready for I-134 but no job

Getting ready for I-134 but no job

Old Oct 10th 2002, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

chdv2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Getting ready for I-134 but no job

hi everyone! im new to this forum and i am also waiting for my NOA approval for I-129f (K3 SPOUSE)...i was wondering for some information regarding the affidavit of support process . I am here in the US with our daughter and my husband is in Manila. I am worried about this part of the process because i dont have a job.I dont have a job yet because i just graduated from medical school in the philippines and i am planning to take the USMLE here in california. Will having no job be a reason for denying my husband a K3 visa? what forms or letters can i give to my husband to present to the US embassy that will tell them i am not working and i plan to work. Are there other forms i should submit with the I-134? My parents will be my joint sponsor , will this be enough ?

My TIMELINE is:
------ I-130 mailed to CSC on sept6,2002

------ NOA for I-130 receipt notice(I-797c) arrived at house on sept12,2002;(recieved date on sept9,2002;notice date on sept10,2002): takes to process at CSC 815-825 days!!!!!!!

------- I-129f (K3 SPOUSE VISA) & I-797C mailed to Chicago INS on sept17,2002

------- NOA for I-129f receipt notice(I797c) arrived at house on sept26,2002; (received date on sept20; notice date on sept23,2002); process will take 60-180 days!!!!

Now i am waiting for the approval for either the I130 or I129f(K3) and getting ready for the I-134....what is the timeline for approval and getting the visa? I am hoping my husband will be able to join us for Christmas or New Years but it seems it might reach until Valentines Day.

i hope someone can give me some info and advice ....thanks !