Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

getting lost with all the wording

getting lost with all the wording

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of
Default getting lost with all the wording

For a child born here in the US to a English mother ( Green card) do I use a
C1 or a C2 passport app.
Both seem to say the same thing.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting lost with all the wording

C1 IS 16 years and older
C2 is under 16 years old
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
C1 IS 16 years and older
C2 is under 16 years old
So the C1 and C2 are for all kids born outside of the US? and the number just means older than or younger than?
Now what about kids that were born in the UK? but never had a UK passport (we came back on military orders under military passports)
One of the two were born in the UK and one here in the US.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:42 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherylbe
So the C1 and C2 are for all kids born outside of the US? and the number just means older than or younger than?
Now what about kids that were born in the UK? but never had a UK passport (we came back on military orders under military passports)
One of the two were born in the UK and one here in the US.
Doesn't matter where you were born so long as you are entitled to a UK passport. I got Consular birth registrations for my boys and applied from the US for UK passports and used the C2 for under 16's
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:54 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

yes i used c2 both for my newborn us citizen, and to renew my L2 son recently.