Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting drugs from Canada

Getting drugs from Canada

Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:59 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Getting drugs from Canada

http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/05/pf/s...tips/index.htm

Starting Monday, the US won't confiscate medicine shipped from Canada -- is it now legal to import prescription drugs?

Getting cheaper prescription drugs from Canada just got easier. The Department of Homeland Security won't be confiscating medicine shipped from Canada to the United States. But before you go online, we're going to tell you what you need to know about this policy change.

Old Oct 6th 2006, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Getting drugs from Canada

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/05/pf/s...tips/index.htm

Starting Monday, the US won't confiscate medicine shipped from Canada -- is it now legal to import prescription drugs?

Getting cheaper prescription drugs from Canada just got easier. The Department of Homeland Security won't be confiscating medicine shipped from Canada to the United States. But before you go online, we're going to tell you what you need to know about this policy change.

As a inhabitant of the US within an hours drive of Canada and 90 minutes from Montreal I would hereby like to take this oppurtunity to offer the US residents of BE a pick up and post it service at a very reasonable rate.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 3:24 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rushman
As a inhabitant of the US within an hours drive of Canada and 90 minutes from Montreal I would hereby like to take this oppurtunity to offer the US residents of BE a pick up and post it service at a very reasonable rate.

Could you pick me up some BC skunk
Old Oct 6th 2006, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Could you pick me up some BC skunk

PMSL - good choice! Just this week there was an article in our paper, about how good it was, and that BC smokes more than the rest of canada combined!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It will be very interesting to see how this all unfolds in the future. Because of concerns raised by canadians about the possibilities of shortages of certain drugs, due to the demand online by americans, our federal govt is looking into how it can be strictly enforced so that shortage doesnt happen.

Wouldnt it just be easier if the states got their house in order. I have no idea but what is the system like in the states regarding prescription drugs?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Believe me Mate !!! ............... Having had very nasty experiences crossing back from Montreal to our side again in the past ............ I wouldn't offer to carry a lollypop
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:57 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Seniors down here have been buying Canadian drugs for years. Some Canadian firms actually opened offices down here. The Feds tried to put a stop to it, but the old fogeys must have screamed loudly enough for them to allow it again.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
It will be very interesting to see how this all unfolds in the future. Because of concerns raised by canadians about the possibilities of shortages of certain drugs, due to the demand online by americans, our federal govt is looking into how it can be strictly enforced so that shortage doesnt happen.
Why wouldn't the drug companies just make more drugs?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:16 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Believe me Mate !!! ............... Having had very nasty experiences crossing back from Montreal to our side again in the past ............ I wouldn't offer to carry a lollypop
What did they do?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:49 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

The bill only applies to people who cross the border from Canada. There is still a ban on having the drugs sent from Canada to someone's residence. Seniors and others who live near the border will benefit, but those who don't, don't. And the bill doesn't exempt drugs brought in from Mexico, so that route's out.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:50 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
What did they do?
I can imagine a lot of things they could have done with a lollipop.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Could someone explain the system in the states regarding prescriptions, that forces americans to come to canada to buy their drugs?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 12:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Could someone explain the system in the states regarding prescriptions, that forces americans to come to canada to buy their drugs?
That's pretty much what I want to know.

why is, for example.......Nexium $10 a bottle in Canada, yet $20 a bottle in the USA.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:27 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Why wouldn't the drug companies just make more drugs?
Canada uses it's buying power to negotiate prices. Pharma has threatened to restrict supplies if they sell to the USA, because they get a better price in the states. They get a better price because big pharma owns the congress. They passed a law saying that medicare may not negotiare on behalf of it's members. Thus, nobody has the buying power to force the price down.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 3:06 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
That's pretty much what I want to know.

why is, for example.......Nexium $10 a bottle in Canada, yet $20 a bottle in the USA.

I think Nexium costs a bit more - $4 a pill or $120 per month according to this site.

http://blog.fastcompany.com/archives...heartburn.html

Elsewhere I have seen it advertised online for even more - $169+ for 30 pills.

The sad thing is that it is not very different from generic omeprazole, which can be bought over the counter and is infinitely cheaper. But the company's saturation advertising campaign has clearly worked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.