Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting British Passport Photos (WA state)

Getting British Passport Photos (WA state)

Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Mr Ogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting British Passport Photos (WA state)

I need to renew my British passport and am seeking a photographer that can produce photos to required specifications (45mm x 35mm).

I am presently in Bellingham (near the Canadian border), so I could travel (at least for a while!) into the Lower Mainland (BC), or as far south as Seattle.

Any suggestions? I would prefer something in Bellingham or Everett, but haven't as yet turned up anything.

Cheers,

Douglas
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:52 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting British Passport Photos (WA state)

http://www.epassportphoto.com/
Pic your country and upload the picture you have, they make it the right size and then you print it yourself.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

also riteaid, AAA offices, walgreens, ritz camera.....they'll all do them if you asked, just don't get them to cut the shots up.

Last edited by Bob; Oct 6th 2009 at 4:13 am.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

That's all wonderful news, thank you. I've tried a couple of places locally, but they all seem mystified by the requirements.

This is amazing, as Bellingham (Washington) is a sizable city (70,000) with a university.

Perhaps I'm just panicking a wee bit, or maybe I'm just getting in touch with my inner German in regards to wanting to keep all my papers in order.

Seriously, thanks all. I will take a deep breath and march forward once the sun rises.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Patzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nicePatzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
http://www.epassportphoto.com/
Pic your country and upload the picture you have, they make it the right size and then you print it yourself.
If you don't have a printer or printer is no good for pics, use epassportphoto to upload your pic and ensure photo is in compliance, save it and then upload to Snapfish. From Snapfish you can get Walgreens to print it out for 19 cents. If you get epassportphoto to print it for you they use Walgreens but charge you $6.95!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patzy
If you don't have a printer or printer is no good for pics, use epassportphoto to upload your pic and ensure photo is in compliance, save it and then upload to Snapfish. From Snapfish you can get Walgreens to print it out for 19 cents. If you get epassportphoto to print it for you they use Walgreens but charge you $6.95!
I just stick the image on a thumb drive and print it at Target, 4x6 is 15c or less if you get loads of pics printed.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Ogg
This is amazing, as Bellingham (Washington) is a sizable city (70,000)

Yeah, I got tricked into living there once too.
Welcome to the neighborhood!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Bellingham is a lovely place in many respects, but trying to conduct business long-distance is, well, a learning experience.

Again, thanks all who have graciously taken the time to offer up such good suggestions to my photo inquiry.

Cheers,

Douglas
Old Oct 7th 2009, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

juliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud of

We're just renewing ours too and had loads of hassle trying to find somewhere to print the right size. In the end our little local CVS could do it, who would have thought

You just have to ask someone who actually knows how to use the machine, rather than the 12 year old behind the counter
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Good points, thank you.

A few shops have just flatly turned down the project. Another, run by a gentleman originally from Pakistan (who does understand the metric system) told me that he hasn't had a very good success rate, as the issuers back home tend to be rather picky.

Luckily, I have a bit of time, and a host of good suggestions to work from.

Thanks to all who've taken time to offer up suggestions and support.

Douglas
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Teremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really nice

I am also in Bellingham and have used Kinko's on Holly many times for British Passport photos. They are not the exact size but I have never had a problem, I have processed 10 passport applications since I have been here for the family and I.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Sharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to allSharron_ is a name known to all

I renewed my sons passport in July 2009 and sent in the regular US size passport photos from CVS taken on a white background. (I gave up trying to find the UK size ones). The guy in our Post Office told me.."Don't get them Trimmed" and they will be fine.

So I sent in all 6 photos a couple of them countersigned on the back UNTRIMMED (so all on one sheet of paper).

They trimmed them at the passport office in Washington and there were no problems at all.

I plan to do the same when I renew my daughters in January.