Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Get your motor running!!

Get your motor running!!

Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:51 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get your motor running!!

I hope you have fun with your Mini. Of course, it's not the only car in the household, right?

See quite a number of Minis round here because there's a dealership in Greensboro and I think the remake of the French Connection (?) created interest in Minis again. Also, there's a local chain of mattress stores and each store manager has a Mini as a company car. I quite often see one parked along the grass verge on 15-501 close to where I work...

Glad to hear you're busy with work. Please stop by on BE when you can!

NC Penguin
Old Jan 15th 2005, 2:30 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Jet Black with Surface Silver interior

V nice indeed.
Mate at work has one in metallic electric blue and I am quite envious.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 2:47 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I'm thinking I'd want something that wouldn't get blown off I- 95 by the 18 wheelers!
No problem with the Mini, she grips the road like glue.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No problem with the Mini, she grips the road like glue.
had a mate deck his out, raced it about like he did his original mini, like a go-cart, would fit perfectly between the edge of speed bumps and the curb, so he'd bomb around town like he was going around race tracks...
Old Jan 15th 2005, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo!!

Finally, I got to drive to take a trip to Florida today to pick up my new Mini fresh from Oxford, England.

It took three hours to drive down there from Georgia so it was a great drive back

Shame it was raining in the "Sunshine State"

Just got to get the thing registered next month and going for Bob's suggestion of "RNC WND" for the plate. Nice one chap
You lucky "Bugger", I really wanted a Mini, but the old man bought home a bloody Toyota!!! nearly divorced him over it!!!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I hope you have fun with your Mini. Of course, it's not the only car in the household, right?

See quite a number of Minis round here because there's a dealership in Greensboro and I think the remake of the French Connection (?) NC Penguin

Italian Job SURELY ?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 7:44 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
Italian Job SURELY ?
Italian Job it is and I prefer the original rather than the remake.

Wasn't French Connection the one with the famous car chase?? I think it had Gene Hackman in it to.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 8:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Italian Job it is and I prefer the original rather than the remake.

Wasn't French Connection the one with the famous car chase?? I think it had Gene Hackman in it to.
yeah, the original is better, but the remake is still a good bit of fun

And yeah, connection had hackman in it and the cool car chase...weren't it remade though? or was that the remake? hmmmm
Old Jan 16th 2005, 4:40 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

See quite a number of Minis round here because there's a dealership in Greensboro and I think the remake of the French Connection (?) created interest in Minis again. Also, there's a local chain of mattress stores and each store manager has a Mini as a company car. I quite often see one parked along the grass verge on 15-501 close to where I work...

Glad to hear you're busy with work. Please stop by on BE when you can!

NC Penguin
Yeah! Great news that a fellow Brit is busy with work and doing "SO WELL"! It's what it should be about ... well ... partly at least ... Doing OK over here I mean. But it's still pretty hard for some like Joe 90 et al.

I think you were referring to a remake of the classic '60s heist movie "The Italian Job" that starred the Mini Cooper and Michael Caine who uttered that classic line, "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!", instead of blowing a van to smithereens.

Old Jan 16th 2005, 4:42 am
Franklin

Happy New Year Bob!!!

I haven't been on the board much this year as work has really taken off. I'm under contract with a company in Atlanta and I'm working round the clock. Freelance and working from home, it worked out great. Midnight is about the only time I can get on this board nowadays by which time all the fun has died down
*snip*
Great news Rincewind that you are so busy with work and doing great!!! Drinks all round everyone, Rincewind is paying.

Old Jan 16th 2005, 4:48 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

she grips the road like glue.
I believe the correct terminology is: sticks like shit.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 3:19 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I believe the correct terminology is: sticks like shit.
I remember hearing the charming phrase "sticks like shit to a blanket" in my rural youth.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Enjoy your new BMW(Mini)
Please remember that unlike other BMW drivers,you are allowed to use your indicators and drive more than two feet from the car in front.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:36 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by cupranod
Enjoy your new BMW(Mini)
Please remember that unlike other BMW drivers,you are allowed to use your indicators and drive more than two feet from the car in front.
No problem there. I'm a mirror, signal, maneuver man myself. I would think of a joke to go in there but it's late and I'm tired
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo!!

Finally, I got to drive to take a trip to Florida today to pick up my new Mini fresh from Oxford, England.

It took three hours to drive down there from Georgia so it was a great drive back

Shame it was raining in the "Sunshine State"

Just got to get the thing registered next month and going for Bob's suggestion of "RNC WND" for the plate. Nice one chap

Well you might have called in for a cuppa!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.