Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Get your motor running!!

Get your motor running!!

Old Jan 15th 2005, 2:53 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Get your motor running!!

Woohoo!!

Finally, I got to drive to take a trip to Florida today to pick up my new Mini fresh from Oxford, England.

It took three hours to drive down there from Georgia so it was a great drive back

Shame it was raining in the "Sunshine State"

Just got to get the thing registered next month and going for Bob's suggestion of "RNC WND" for the plate. Nice one chap
Old Jan 15th 2005, 2:58 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get your motor running!!

What colour is it?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:06 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
What colour is it?
Jet Black with Surface Silver interior

I wimped out and didn't go for the Cooper 'S' but I added the Sports Package to the Cooper. I didn't even know what the heck "run-flat tires" were until today
Attached Thumbnails Get your motor running!!-mini.jpg   Get your motor running!!-int.jpg  
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Finally, I got to drive to take a trip to Florida today to pick up my new Mini fresh from Oxford, England.
Nice one....though you should see them come off the production line in the carpark, bloomin' hundreds of 'em, and they get all kinds of shite chucked on 'em by people on the way by.....

Sounds like a fun motor with the sports package as extra and sounds like a good place *l*
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:45 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Bob
Nice one....though you should see them come off the production line in the carpark, bloomin' hundreds of 'em, and they get all kinds of shite chucked on 'em by people on the way by.....

Sounds like a fun motor with the sports package as extra and sounds like a good place *l*
Happy New Year Bob!!!

I haven't been on the board much this year as work has really taken off. I'm under contract with a company in Atlanta and I'm working round the clock. Freelance and working from home, it worked out great. Midnight is about the only time I can get on this board nowadays by which time all the fun has died down

I checked the car for dings incase it was hit by a stray apple but nothing....phew

The Mini web site has some movies on it's site where you can watch the cars being built but they edited out the "angry mob."

How are things with you in 2005??
Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:02 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see you.....
Old Jan 15th 2005, 6:12 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Ray
I didn't see you.....
I waved
Old Jan 15th 2005, 11:19 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I had my heart set on a Mini, but nearly a year on and having driven in a New England winter I've decided to go for a sturdy 4x4 pick up instead. Oh where did the glamour go.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been on the board much this year as work has really taken off. I'm under contract with a company in Atlanta and I'm working round the clock. Freelance and working from home, it worked out great. Midnight is about the only time I can get on this board nowadays by which time all the fun has died down
Happy new year too
Glad things are picking up..must be nice
Nothing new here, just the same old same old, but the luck has to change soon enough....
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by sibsie
I had my heart set on a Mini, but nearly a year on and having driven in a New England winter I've decided to go for a sturdy 4x4 pick up instead. Oh where did the glamour go.
I know what you mean...but with parking in boston, it could still be worth it *lol*
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:48 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo!!

It took three hours to drive down there from Georgia so it was a great drive back

Shame it was raining in the "Sunshine State"

Just got to get the thing registered next month and going for Bob's suggestion of "RNC WND" for the plate. Nice one chap
Congrats! But you may not have the smallest car in your neighbourhood for much longer as I see that they're finally selling the Smart Cars in the States. Wonder how they'll compete on the roads with pick-ups and SUVs? Perhaps people could park one in their pickup, drive around with it on freeways and then switch to the Smart car when they were in built up areas? Would that class as a hybrid?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:00 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking I'd want something that wouldn't get blown off I- 95 by the 18 wheelers!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:05 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I'm thinking I'd want something that wouldn't get blown off I- 95 by the 18 wheelers!
Might be able to scoot underneath an 18 wheeler in a Smart Car!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
Might be able to scoot underneath an 18 wheeler in a Smart Car!

Er, you first!!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by DaveC
... Perhaps people could park one in their pickup, drive around with it on freeways and then switch to the Smart car when they were in built up areas? Would that class as a hybrid?
Now that's an idea
But I think they'll be idea for a city runner like in Boston where parking is a joke...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.