Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Get cash back for buying online?

Get cash back for buying online?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get cash back for buying online?

I just heard about this on TV, the guys that own the site, have links to almost every kind of online shops. If you buy online through their site, there is a 'cash back' button next to the 'buy' button, so once you have finished your transaction, they send you the cash back that you earned. They say that they do this because they get a referral fee from the company you buy from, and they split that fee with the actual customer, pretty cool huh? Here is the link...http://hoopladoopla.com/...
Hope it works, (this is my first time )
Thanx go to JG and PG for walking me through the process
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:21 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get cash back for buying online?

Originally Posted by Englishtart
SNIP

I'm sure that JG knows, as I do, what you are on about, but others will wonder.

You did well, BTW.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I'm sure that JG knows, as I do, what you are on about, but others will wonder.

You did well, BTW.
Thanx PG, maybe we should just let them wonder?
ok then, both JG and PG, sent me pm's to walk me through posting a link in my post, very helpful, even for a comp' illiterate like me
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:29 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard about this on TV, the guys that own the site, have links to almost every kind of online shops. If you buy online through their site, there is a 'cash back' button next to the 'buy' button, so once you have finished your transaction, they send you the cash back that you earned. They say that they do this because they get a referral fee from the company you buy from, and they split that fee with the actual customer, pretty cool huh? Here is the link...http://hoopladoopla.com/...
- sigh -

Hey, can I sign you up for Amway?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:56 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx PG, maybe we should just let them wonder?
ok then, both JG and PG, sent me pm's to walk me through posting a link in my post, very helpful, even for a comp' illiterate like me
I was content to let them wonder, let their imaginations run.

Don't sign up with Octang, he's building a database.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I was content to let them wonder, let their imaginations run.

Don't sign up with Octang, he's building a database.
It's not a con, I checked it out, it works...there were a few comments on the tv from customers that have used it, but I guess you have to try it yourself to find out. I am a little gullible, so if anyone proves it is a con, let me know
Don't worry PG, I'm not THAT gullible
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:24 pm
The Unmod

It's not a con, I checked it out, it works...there were a few comments on the tv from customers that have used it, but I guess you have to try it yourself to find out. I am a little gullible, so if anyone proves it is a con, let me know
Don't worry PG, I'm not THAT gullible
The danger is Octang, another name for big brother.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

There's a similar thing in the UK called 'quidco'

Too much hassle for the few percent you get off.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:36 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a con. More of a come-on. It's just a loss leader from the businesses for you to buy their products. But as notacrime pointed out, it's a lot of hassle for little return.

PG, I am actually building a database. :-) You're my favorite poster right now.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
It's not a con. More of a come-on. It's just a loss leader from the businesses for you to buy their products. But as notacrime pointed out, it's a lot of hassle for little return.

Yeah, I get the hassle part of it, but if you are going to buy an item anyway, may as well get the cash back? Some of the %'s were up to almost 20%.

ok, spill it, what is this database? should I be worried?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:52 pm
The Unmod

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

I'm working on it. I'm sacrificing myself so you'll be distracted from whet the others are doing.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:59 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a much, much, MUCH better deal out there from Microsoft.

In an attempt to persuade people to switch from Google to Microsoft's rather crappy Live.com search engine, they periodically offer very high percentages of cashback on items purchased through their links. There are all kinds of over-complicated terms and conditions, and a limit of $200 per transaction and $2500 per person per year in cashback, but it really works.

And we're talking big bucks here. Just before Xmas they were offering 35% cashback on anything bought through eBay using Buy-It-Now and PayPal (they're currently offering 13%, I think). I purchased a new digital SLR and received over $190 in cashback from Microsoft 60 days later. In total I've had about $850 cashback from them in the last year.

Similarly, there's a 35% cashback offer on anything from AT&T if you search for "att" on Live.com, and yesterday it was briefly 50% - the percentages change by the hour sometimes.

On one level I'm with Octang on all this, but I find that when the cashback is 25% or more I find it pretty hard to turn it down on something I'm buying anyway!

Last edited by dbj1000; Apr 3rd 2009 at 12:02 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I purchased a new digital SLR and received over $190 in cashback from Microsoft 60 days later. In total I've had about $850 cashback from them in the last year.
Cha- ching! That's a bit of a deal I'd say.

While we're at it I recall that a while back you linked to overstock.com, I recently bought some really great wool rugs for my boy's rooms at a fraction of the price I'd have paid in a store - so thanks!

Last week I ordered some rocking chairs, the website (like many out there) had a little box on the checkout for promotional codes. Well I didn't have a code, until I googled and found one for $20 off.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:21 am
Peace onion

Originally Posted by dbj1000
On one level I'm with Octang on all this, but I find that when the cashback is 25% or more I find it pretty hard to turn it down on something I'm buying anyway!
Wow. This just in; hell has indeed frozen over.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:10 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Cha- ching! That's a bit of a deal I'd say.

While we're at it I recall that a while back you linked to overstock.com, I recently bought some really great wool rugs for my boy's rooms at a fraction of the price I'd have paid in a store - so thanks!

Last week I ordered some rocking chairs, the website (like many out there) had a little box on the checkout for promotional codes. Well I didn't have a code, until I googled and found one for $20 off.
Yeah, there are always codes out there.

First place to check for codes for any site is RetailMeNot.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.