Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Germans and towels on sun beds - official !!

Germans and towels on sun beds - official !!

Old Aug 8th 2005, 7:40 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Germans and towels on sun beds - official !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4132878.stm

This was just too funny to pass up a thread on
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Germans and towels on sun beds - official !!

Just saving a space for my reply
Attached Thumbnails Germans and towels on sun beds - official !!-towel.jpg  
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:21 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

mine....

or should that be 'Achtung minen'

Last edited by gruffbrown; Aug 9th 2005 at 12:41 am. Reason: bad german...
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
mine....

or should that be 'Acthung minen'
Somebody's nicked your lounger mate!
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of a holiday we had in Tenerife many years ago. We went to breakfast and the Germans were puting the towels on the sun beds and then going to breakfast and then going out somewhere in town and leaving the towels on the sun beds. We went down poolside to do a bit sun bathing, no Germans in sight so we dumped some of the towels in the pool. Of course we did not know a thing about it when the Germans came back in the afternoon.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:30 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Somebody's nicked your lounger mate!
Bugger....
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:11 am
ImHere

And tourists are warned not to become too militant.

Germans may have hired the sun loungers, and whatever the situation it is illegal to damage their towels.

So what are they worried about? Pissed up Brits ripping the towels in half or spraying "England 5 - Germany 1" on them?

Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by ImHere
And tourists are warned not to become too militant.

Germans may have hired the sun loungers, and whatever the situation it is illegal to damage their towels.

So what are they worried about? Pissed up Brits ripping the towels in half or spraying "England 5 - Germany 1" on them?
A normal holiday in Benidorm......
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:19 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder we call them the 'Master race'. I used to love visiting our distributors worldwide when I was employed, Paris sights, the food in Italy, shopping in Hong Kong.
I remember the first time I visited the German distributor, we got off a 12 hour plane ride from the US, it was pouring it down in Germany. After packing our luggage in his Volvo estate( station wagon) we proceeded onto the Autobahn, the German guy was doing 220KPH( about 140 MPH) in the pissing rain with about 15 feet visibility. I was cacking myself in the passenger seat!! :scared:
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by lionheart
No wonder we call them the 'Master race'. I used to love visiting our distributors worldwide when I was employed, Paris sights, the food in Italy, shopping in Hong Kong.
I remember the first time I visited the German distributor, we got off a 12 hour plane ride from the US, it was pouring it down in Germany. After packing our luggage in his Volvo estate( station wagon) we proceeded onto the Autobahn, the German guy was doing 220KPH( about 140 MPH) in the pissing rain with about 15 feet visibility. I was cacking myself in the passenger seat!! :scared:
LMAO, I love the way you translated station wagon and MPH/KM hour and not "Cacking'......

Last edited by gruffbrown; Aug 9th 2005 at 2:31 am.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:31 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
LMAO, I love the way you translated staion wagon and MPH/KM hour and not "Cacking'......

the turtles head was popping out.

BTW Hefeweizin beer is shite and they eat pork with every ****ing meal
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by lionheart
the turtles head was popping out.

BTW Hefeweizin beer is shite and they eat pork with every ****ing meal
Touching cloth on the cloth....

and cabbage, but that's probably a racist stereotype
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:44 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Just saving a space for my reply
LOL....very good.........
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:20 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone remember the heineken advert with the Brit (I think) throwing his towel out of the balcony window which un-rolled with a can of heineken inside it, right on his sun-lounger - beating the running towel hoggers by secs.

Way funny.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:57 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
Does anyone remember the heineken advert with the Brit (I think) throwing his towel out of the balcony window which un-rolled with a can of heineken inside it, right on his sun-lounger - beating the running towel hoggers by secs.

Way funny.
Don't remember that one, but I do remember a great sketch about planes. A BA pilot was trying to find a gate to park at but Lufthansa had taken all the spots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.