Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

German cannibals

German cannibals

Old Dec 4th 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default German cannibals

Did anyone read that story about the German cannibal in the Brit papers yesterday? Apparently cannibalism is not against the law over there, go figure, some sick people about.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 9:45 pm

cbone is on a distinguished road

yep I read that, apparantly he consented to it and even ate his own dick with the accussed, before being eventually killed.

That is beyond sick!!
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Bookworm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cbone
yep I read that, apparantly he consented to it and even ate his own dick with the accussed, before being eventually killed.

That is beyond sick!!

I agree, but keep in mind the last proven case in Germany was in the time of the Weimar Republic in the 1920's. Until than law has changed a couple of times and Germany underwent some drastic changes. So, I can understand that there was no law as such - law against murder probably seemed as sufficient.
As far as I know there are more countries that do not have specific laws against cannibalism, partly based on historic lack of experience or because it is dealt with in the framework of laws against homocide etc.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Britfrombristol is an unknown quantity at this point

In addition did you know that this man had actually communicated with many potential canidates online.

He met with one man (who I beleive had travelled from Italy) and agreed that they should go along with the cannibalization. The "applicant" also wished to wrapped in cellophane and hung on a wall like a piece of meat prior to death. After being hung up he decided the room temperature was too cold and decided it was unsuitable for the purpose of death that day! The accused cut him down and let him go.

It gives a new meaning to the term "package holiday"-apologies in adavnce.