Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

George Galloway goes to Washington

Wikiposts

George Galloway goes to Washington

Old May 17th 2005, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all
Default Re: George Galloway goes to Washington

[QUOTE=Bob]I'm surprised by how little coverage on the news it has gotten.

CNN has actually given the story quite a lot of coverage today. But channels like FOX would probably like to pretend it never happened.

I'm not that keen on the guy either. But on this occasion he did the biz.

Love it.

Sue
Old May 17th 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

I just realised I should have called this thread:- Mr Galloway goes to Washington.

Sue
Old May 17th 2005, 12:32 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's some great TV
Old May 17th 2005, 12:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I'm surprised by how little coverage on the news it has gotten, and when it was on, they were on the angle of he's the dodgy one kicked out of labour and how he's lying and how that will bite him later...
Me, I'm not at all surprised...
Old May 17th 2005, 1:12 pm
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

PortJackson is on a distinguished road

He is one of the best speakers in politics at the moment. Every cause he has been involved in he has been proved right - he was one of the few to stand up for the miners from the start
Old May 17th 2005, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PortJackson
He is one of the best speakers in politics at the moment. Every cause he has been involved in he has been proved right - he was one of the few to stand up for the miners from the start

I'd forgotten that ! Let's hope we see a lot more of him from now on.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:24 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Me, I'm not at all surprised...
nah me neither....by tomorrow even CNN will be back to 24/7 of Micheal Jackson etc
Old May 17th 2005, 2:52 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Galloway may have ridiculed the Senate subcommitee today, but since the guy has zero credibility I don't think they'll dwell on it for too long. Galloway's speech today was nothing more than a publicity stunt, which blew up in the Senate's faces once Galloway started to spew his usual diatribe. I do have a few questions though:

1) If Galloway is innocent, as he says he is, then why fly all the way to Washington and make an emphatic speech when he could just tell them to go fuck themselves from the comfort of his own home in the UK.

2) What sort of visa would Galloway use to visit the USA? Or do they admit people these days on the VWP, who not only include Saddam Hussein in their circle of friends, but publicly urge Arab nations to attack US and coalition forces in Iraq?
Old May 17th 2005, 3:01 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbickle
1) If Galloway is innocent, as he says he is, then why fly all the way to Washington and make an emphatic speech when he could just tell them to go fuck themselves from the comfort of his own home in the UK.
If you knew you could, wouldn't you want the chance to do it in person? I sure as hell would.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:06 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
If you knew you could, wouldn't you want the chance to do it in person? I sure as hell would.
If I knew for certain and could prove that they had nothing on me, I would not waste my time on the 8 hour flight and subsequent appearance in front of the Senate. But if I had something to be worried about, then I'd definitely make the trip.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:15 pm
You Are All Diseased

If I knew for certain and could prove that they had nothing on me, I would not waste my time on the 8 hour flight and subsequent appearance in front of the Senate. But if I had something to be worried about, then I'd definitely make the trip.
I'd love the chance to make the Senate look like a bunch if fools infront of their own media and own their own ground.

I commend him for having the balls to do it.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure GC would relish the chance to ridicule a few Senators.

2) What sort of visa would Galloway use to visit the USA? Or do they admit people these days on the VWP, who not only include Saddam Hussein in their circle of friends, but publicly urge Arab nations to attack US and coalition forces in Iraq?
If he was invited.....
Old May 17th 2005, 3:32 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'm sure GC would relish the chance to ridicule a few Senators.
But at his own expense and inconvenience?

If he was invited.....
I didn't think that USCIS issued invites
Old May 17th 2005, 8:02 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

He did it to take the piss out of them. Most of the alegations were unfounded.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:01 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: George Galloway goes to Washington

Originally Posted by Bob
Daily Show should be funny tonight

Grrrrr. They transmitted a repeat instead. (However, it was just as funny as when I first saw it.....when they took the p1ss out of Laura Bush who was taking the p1ss out of George milking a (male) horse at the ranch.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.