Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

GCSE Questions

GCSE Questions

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

ncrc74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GCSE Questions

I live in NC, however my brother who still lives in the UK is applying for a temporary work placement in the US. He is concerned with regards to his daughters education while they would be in the US.

She is currently in middle school, and would spend the next 3 years in the US, returning to the UK for the final year of GCSE's.

We would like to know what the options are for studying at schools in the US, and returning to the UK part through the time she would normally have completed coursework etc as part of the school based GCSE.

Is it possible to study for GCSE's while abroad, and complete coursework? When she returns to the UK will work completed in US schools be transferred?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:48 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GCSE Questions

i m sorry but i dont know the answer.

You might get more joy if you post this to the 'moving back to the uk' forum (on this site) as there are lots of people there who have returned to the uk and may be able to give you a steer.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few Brit schools out here, you'd have to google to see if there's one nearby...won't be cheap...

Could always get the curriculum and study it over here...or look at a IB...
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

I would contact the school your brothers daughter goes to (or will go to for GCSE's) and ask the what if question.

They or at least someone in that LEA will have dealt with this problem before.

amanda