GC Lotto

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:36 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OwenF
To those who say I should emigrate to a European country I say this: GO F**K YOURSELVES!!! I would rather be dead than live there.

To those who have offered genuine support I thank you.

To those who say I should be grateful for what I already have I say it is mankinds business to improve his life in whatever way he can.

Finally, I say this. I WILL GO TO AMERICA. Even if it takes me the rest of my life to achieve it. I refuse to give up.

marvellous
got some questions for you, if you don't mind answering them openly and honestly.

1) how old are you.
2) married? kids?
3) what do you do for a living?
4) what is your education situation, highest academy of education attended.
5) How much money do you have, net worth and assets and all that?
6) where have you been in the USA and how often been here?

Last edited by manc1976; Feb 3rd 2004 at 8:40 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by edwords
I probaby haven't done a good idea of expressing my thoughts. I am for immigration and for more immigrants than we currently take in. I would set only two conditions: that the immigrants follow the legal process and that they are willing to embrace certain basic (i.e. "Western") concepts, such as religious tolerance and political and economic liberty. I would write the immigration laws with those concepts in mind.
Incidentally, my mother was born and lived in one of history's most vicious dictatorships. She married an English soldier and moved with her baby daughter to Portsmouth. So I am not writing as someone with no experience in this area.

The difficulty is that the largest part of those wishing, and most needing, to come to the U.S. from poverty-stricken countries do not possess any of the qualifications, in terms of education, professional training, or income, that would allow them legal entry as things stand. How often have we told would-be UK migrants on this board that there is no way they can get residence here, and most of them are much better off in every way than a huge percentage of, say, Mexican undocumented immigrants. Of those who cross by land, c. 400 die each year due to assorted dangers. Sometimes, it is not the people who are wrong, but the laws, which are, after all, only made by a political administration and can and do get changed. Tolerance, in an ideal world, should be practiced by all, perhaps especially the governments and people of rich, powerful countries. Nor do I know of any immigrant workers who have come here and then tried to reduce our political and economic liberties. Most are fleeing from problems in these areas. After 9/11, the media have been very heavy handed about portraying all Muslim and/or Arab cultures as intolerant fanatics. This makes about as much sense as assuming that all Christians think like Pat Robertson, or that all Spaniards thought like Franco. They come in all shapes, sizes and beliefs, like the rest of us.

Hey, that wasn't a bad speech.:lecture:
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!!!! I'd say our good friend Owen got just a liiiiiiiiitle(sarcasm) bit more than he bargained for when he started this thread.

Last edited by Jabba1; Feb 3rd 2004 at 10:32 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
Wow!!!! I'd say our good friend Owen got just a liiiiiiiiitle(sarcasim) bit more than he bargained for when he started this thread.

For the record, I would like to point out that "sarcasim" is spelled "sarcasm". There's no "i".

To steal a quote from your good self

How's that for Sarcasm?.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
For the record, I would like to point out that "sarcasim" is spelled "sarcasm". There's no "i".

To steal a quote from your good self

How's that for Sarcasm?.

Why, yes indeed!! Your quite right of course. Silly of me to have that momentary lapse of spelling skills. For the record, I did in fact notice that I had misspelled the word "sarcasm", but you seem to have noticed it first, thus I shall now edit my previous post to include the proper spelling of the word in question.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
Why, yes indeed!! Your quite right of course. Silly of me to have that momentary lapse of spelling skills. For the record, I did in fact notice that I had misspelled the word "sarcasm", but you seem to have noticed it first, thus I shall now edit my previous post to include the proper spelling of the word in question.
Well I couldnt help notice your bad Netiquette by pointing out Waxrabbits spelling error. The old saying of "people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones" came to mind.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 12:46 am
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

To those who say I should emigrate to a European country I say this: GO F**K YOURSELVES!!! I would rather be dead than live there.

To those who have offered genuine support I thank you.

To those who say I should be grateful for what I already have I say it is mankinds business to improve his life in whatever way he can.

Finally, I say this. I WILL GO TO AMERICA. Even if it takes me the rest of my life to achieve it. I refuse to give up.

Wooooooaaah chill out! That attitude will really help you in your desperate plight to flee the UK, I'm sure the US Embassy will love you! These people are just offering their opinion, you were the one who asked for help so don't throw a tantrum when they don't say what you want to hear! Why don't you channel some of your frustration into doing probably the only thing that MIGHT allow you to live here in America (and not necessarily for good) and do some research into what degrees might be desirable to American employers. Either that or sign up to some internet dating thing and start chatting up some US ladies and stop sounding like a spoilt brat
Old Feb 4th 2004, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by crazi_daizi
Wooooooaaah chill out! That attitude will really help you in your desperate plight to flee the UK, I'm sure the US Embassy will love you! These people are just offering their opinion, you were the one who asked for help so don't throw a tantrum when they don't say what you want to hear! Why don't you channel some of your frustration into doing probably the only thing that MIGHT allow you to live here in America (and not necessarily for good) and do some research into what degrees might be desirable to American employers. Either that or sign up to some internet dating thing and start chatting up some US ladies and stop sounding like a spoilt brat

Way to go, Daizi. Let's see if we can straighten this poor slob out for cryin' out loud.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:17 am
Just Joined

OwenF is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I'm sorry. I do apologise. I appear to have wandered into the Pompous Assholes forum by mistake.

Maybe I should look elsewhere for people whose opinions actually matter.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh, I'm sorry. I do apologise. I appear to have wandered into the Pompous Assholes forum by mistake.

It might help if you were to allow the British government to test some new mind-altering drug on you. This would remove any knowledge you have of the US and allow you to live out your life blissfully unaware that the US even exists, imagine how happy you would be.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:29 pm
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite possibly. However most of us Pompous Assholes already have earned our right to live/work here, or are well on the way to doing so, so I suggest you button it and get to the back of the queue.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by crazi_daizi
Quite possibly. However most of us Pompous Assholes already have earned our right to live/work here, or are well on the way to doing so, so I suggest you button it and get to the back of the queue.
Touche!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Damn ..Have I missed something here!!!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:40 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you can't wait until Burger King or McD's start sponsoring people
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

OwenF, I think you'll find the people here are just messin' with you. On the whole, we are largely sympathetic to British people who want to come to the US as we are British people ourselves. Not all of us are US citizens and many of us have relatives overseas and are proud of our country.
However, the statements you made are naive. You need to meet the requirements for a visa or green card. It is not based on how much you say that you love America. There is an immigration system that works to some extent. There is no question that it needs improvement after 9/11.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.