GC Lotto

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

OwenF is an unknown quantity at this point

Running water, inside shitters and a f**king royal family, yeah.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OwenF
Running water, inside shitters and a f**king royal family, yeah.
And what makes you think you'll be so happy in the USA?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

No f**king royal family is one good reason. No boring f**king soccer is another. I can't be any less happy there than I am here.

Why did you leave?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

to get away from moaning bastards like you.

alright that was very flippant.
but I didn't come here through choice, or design, just circumstance. I had a great life in the UK and have a great life here.

I find that if you find faults somewhere, you'll find them anywhere.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Ooooooh! Step outside and say that.

Okay, so we can all be flippant if we want to. This is supposed to be about the Green Card question.

Last edited by OwenF; Feb 3rd 2004 at 2:14 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:12 pm
@matthewb76

Does anyone have any sensible comments?
yes, I am an American trapped in a British Body.

you come on here bitching up a storm about the GC being unfair, bitching about the country we were all born in and some of us still love, and you expect decency?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Have I touched a nerve here.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:19 pm
@matthewb76

pretty much
I said I was being flippant, but Americans I find are go getters and accomplishers. They have no time for people who sit around and moan about things being unfair.
Go out get a degree and a Masters degree and you might, just might have a chance of a h1B............
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

At last a genuine piece of advice. Well, you could have just said that at the beginning. Thank you.

In my experience Americans are often more polite as well.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:49 pm
@matthewb76

In my experience Americans are often more polite as well.
never driven over here then obviously.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I second that.

You know how a transvestite often complains that they are 'a woman born in a man's body'? They get understanding, therapy, advice, councelling, surgery and everything else to help them achieve their ambition.

I often feel like an American born in the wrong country and I get nothing. It sucks.
You expected a serious reply after that post?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Just part of a cunning plan. I was looking for some kind of response here. Perhaps the transvestite thing was taking it a bit too far but if some people have a problem with that then it's not my fault.

In fact, it sounds as if some people are not grateful for being able to live over there and would prefer to move back. They have my pity. Some of us would do anything to be that fortunate.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:11 pm
@matthewb76

Just part of a cunning plan. I was looking for some kind of response here. Perhaps the transvestite thing was taking it a bit too far but if some people have a problem with that then it's not my fault.
No one had a problem with transvestites, it was the comparison that was laughable.

In fact, it sounds as if some people are not grateful for being able to live over there and would prefer to move back. They have my pity. Some of us would do anything to be that fortunate.
give examples
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say that 90+% of the people who post in this forum are more than happy with their lives here in the US. But just as many love their former home and get a little pissed off when someone comes in here and slags it off. Not all of us moved over here because we didnt like the royal family or the misarable weather etc, etc. We moved here through work or because we fell in love and married Americans.

This forum gets 4 or 5 posts a month from people just like you, who appeared to want to emmigrate to the states, but have no obvious chance to do it. Its a pipe dream from someone who took a 2 week vacation to Orlando and loved it or they hear how much better the life is here and how much further your money goes. 99% of those posters who want to move here, soon realise that they do not meet any of the requirements and move on. What pisses people off in here, is when people get annoyed with the basic advice offered, that you have no chance getting a visa.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

I was simply trying to illustrate that some people have a need to change circumstances that are normally beyond their control. I don't see that my need to leave this country should be any less valid than a transvestite's need to change their gender.

You say that you didn't emigrate through choice. I fail to understand why anyone would not choose to emigrate just as you seem to fail to understand my choice to do so. It is easy for you to sit there and criticize others when you do not share their dream and yet you have been fortunate enough to have achived it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.