Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Garden Party Menu?

Garden Party Menu?

Old May 13th 2009, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Garden Party Menu?

Dundee Cake, Swiss rolls

Croquet on the lawn
Old May 13th 2009, 9:07 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I had strawberries and cream and scones Sat in 96 degree temps. They had the cream in a cooler.

it was wonderful.
Old May 13th 2009, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I had strawberries and cream and scones Sat in 96 degree temps. They had the cream in a cooler.

it was wonderful.
now you're making my mouth water and it's only 6:30am!!
a friend brought some Mr. Kiplings Country Slices to coffee last week...yummy!!
Old May 13th 2009, 11:58 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
A thread about food, eh?

cue ABY in 3.....2......1......
I dunno... all this stuff seems kind of dainty, like... well, a Ladies garden party. Wicker, pinky sticking out, quite chatter, floral print, probably wearing hats...

I'm thinking a crawfish boil would be perfect.

Now I'm hungry...
Old May 13th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

ABY,
unless they are already peeled, Crawfish are too much effort for any kind of party.

I did have some in a salad the other day, but that's probably not your cup of tea really.
Old May 13th 2009, 1:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
ABY,
unless they are already peeled, Crawfish are too much effort for any kind of party.

I did have some in a salad the other day, but that's probably not your cup of tea really.
Too much effort?

You just have to get in a rhythm... I can do one in about five seconds or less. Pop off the head shell, suck out the cavity, break the tail shell, pull the meat out with your teeth, toss the shell fragments and grab another one!
Old May 13th 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Too much effort?

You just have to get in a rhythm... I can do one in about five seconds or less. Pop off the head shell, suck out the cavity, break the tail shell, pull the meat out with your teeth, toss the shell fragments and grab another one!
I grew up on in the north of Scotland, my father was for a time a prawn fisherman, so peeling them was no problem for me.
But, by the time you pull out the vein on the back (and I aint eating that!) there was so little meat left it was hardly worth the bother.
Old May 13th 2009, 1:59 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
I grew up on in the north of Scotland, my father was for a time a prawn fisherman, so peeling them was no problem for me.
But, by the time you pull out the vein on the back (and I aint eating that!) there was so little meat left it was hardly worth the bother.
Well there's your trouble... The "vein" doesn't bother me!
Old May 13th 2009, 2:27 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Some Melton Mowbray pork pies should be on the table ...along with home made Piccalilli ...and not forgetting the staple at any wedding reception in the 1980's......Mushroom Vol au Vents
Old May 13th 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Some Melton Mowbray pork pies should be on the table ...along with home made Piccalilli ...and not forgetting the staple at any wedding reception in the 1980's......Mushroom Vol au Vents
"Picallili ? Picallili? I'd rather lick my own @rse 'ole" ...Peter Kaye
Old May 13th 2009, 2:49 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
"Picallili ? Picallili? I'd rather lick my own @rse 'ole" ...Peter Kaye

ok then ...Garlic bread
Old May 13th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

The vein is the poop, I'm not eating that
Old May 13th 2009, 7:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno... all this stuff seems kind of dainty, like... well, a Ladies garden party. Wicker, pinky sticking out, quite chatter, floral print, probably wearing hats...

I'm thinking a crawfish boil would be perfect.

http://www.doyletics.com/images/bayhicb.jpg

http://cbe.tulane.edu/faculty/mitche...shBoil2005.jpg

http://www.havesmokewilltravel.net/i...wfish_boil.jpg

Now I'm hungry...
crawfish....lovely....but the biggest pain in the balls to eat for such little reward....
Old May 13th 2009, 7:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm....eating poop...very tasty
Old May 15th 2009, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Talented Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

Kedgeree Fishcake, with curry mayonnaise, mango chutney & minted pea puree. Don't forget the Andrex puppy...... That should get them pooping!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.