Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gaaah! Employers!!

Gaaah! Employers!!

Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaaah! Employers!!

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Really? You don't say?

I once had the delightful experience of being offered a job, by a thoroughly flawed character. Fortunately, he then asked - "So, is there anything else?" To which I replied "Yes, as it happens. I'd just like to say that I could never, in a million years, imagine working for a cnut like you!"
lol
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:02 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dakota44
Any undocumented person can present an SSN card and a voter registration card, neither of which have photo ID to prove they are the person whose name appears on those items. It happens all the time. Family members who have obtained citizenship help their own with the additional benefit that the legal now gets higher contributions to SS from the undocumented workers pay and therefore higher benefits than entitled to at retirement.
Funny you should say that. At one of the driving tests that I "failed" there was a guy in line ahead of me who presented a social security card with a different name to the one that he'd given. He was told to come back and make sure the names matched...

I did wonder, given that she practically failed me before I got in the car, whether I was just the wrong type of immigrant...
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should say that. At one of the driving tests that I "failed" there was a guy in line ahead of me who presented a social security card with a different name to the one that he'd given. He was told to come back and make sure the names matched...

I did wonder, given that she practically failed me before I got in the car, whether I was just the wrong type of immigrant...
It's surprising how far some will actually go to enable them. Curious.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:36 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...I once had the delightful experience of being offered a job, by a thoroughly flawed character. Fortunately, he then asked - "So, is there anything else?" To which I replied "Yes, as it happens. I'd just like to say that I could never, in a million years, imagine working for a cnut like you!"
Good for you! These McDonalds branch managers need to be kept in their place, that's what I say!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Good for you! These McDonalds branch managers need to be kept in their place, that's what I say!