Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

G-325A Question

G-325A Question

Old Jul 30th 2002, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

PeteJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325A Question

I am new to the forum, but have been reading all the posts over the past week or two after I discovered it existed.
My fiancee and I are getting ready to start the K-1 process and I am very grateful for all the resources made available through this forum and related websites.

I am living it Britian and my fiancee is in NC.
On the Biographic info - The boxes at the bottom talk about "This form is submitted in connection with application for:"
Which box do you need to check? And if it is "other" then what do you write next to it?

And for country of birth does it matter if I put England or United Kingdom or UK. Do they mind abbreviations?

Thanks for all the info already provided - we wouldn't have known where to start on this process without the help of everyone here
Old Jul 30th 2002, 7:16 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G-325A Question

I checked "Other," and next to that, wrote "I-129F Fiancé Petition."

As for country of birth, I would write England, if that's where you were born. I think it's best to be as specific as possible ...
Old Jul 30th 2002, 7:48 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point

Related to this, does anyone know if it's a problem if you don't know which cities your parents were born in, and can't find out? I know it says "(if known)" on the form, but I hope this doesn't cause a problem. I could only put the state and the country...
Old Jul 30th 2002, 11:20 pm
Morkai Kurst

> I am living it Britian and my fiancee is in NC. On the Biographic info - The boxes
    > at the bottom talk about "This form is submitted in connection with application
    > for:" Which box do you need to check? And if it is "other" then what do you write
    > next to it?

I ticked other and wrote K1 visa

> And for country of birth does it matter if I put England or United Kingdom or UK.
    > Do they mind abbreviations?

I put in UK - I was approved with no hassles.

> Thanks for all the info already provided - we wouldn't have known where to start on
    > this process without the help of everyone here

Its a great group, the only request is that you come back and tell us how it all went
so other people after you can gain from your experiences

Good luck

Morkai

Old Jul 30th 2002, 11:20 pm
Sean

"PeteJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am new to the forum, but have been reading all the posts over the past week or
    > two after I discovered it existed. My fiancee and I are getting ready to start the
    > K-1 process and I am very grateful for all the resources made available through
    > this forum and related websites.
    >
    > I am living it Britian and my fiancee is in NC. On the Biographic info - The boxes
    > at the bottom talk about "This form is submitted in connection with application
    > for:" Which box do you need to check? And if it is "other" then what do you write
    > next to it?
    >
    > And for country of birth does it matter if I put England or United Kingdom or UK.
    > Do they mind abbreviations?
    >
    > Thanks for all the info already provided - we wouldn't have known where to start on
    > this process without the help of everyone here
    >
    >

Hi Pete... Check the box marked 'other' then write I-129F/ K1 Visa....I put United
Kingdom in every box, it looks boringly repetative and long winded but at least it
doesn't leave any room for ambiguity...There were one or two boxes where it wouldn't
fit.... date and place of previous marriage springs to mind, so I just put UK ..hope
that helps..Good luck

Old Jul 31st 2002, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

For Mother I put....London, England
For Father I put "Haslemere,Surrey, England....I think"
(as I wasn't sure, that's where he was brought up)

It wasn't a problem and was never mentioned at any point.

Good luck