Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

further healthcare difficulties

further healthcare difficulties

Old Mar 20th 2015, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: further healthcare difficulties

Life expectancy is 2 years longer in the UK than the US too. And in the UK you can go private if you don't want to wait. I went private once, I had a mole I was worried about and I was going on holiday so I didn't want it to spoil my holiday. I saw a consultant privately the next day for £200. Turns out the NHS was able to offer me an appointment very quickly, they actually phoned and offered me an appointment the day I was going to leave on holiday, so I couldn't make it.

I've also seen an osteopath privately as has DH. I think waits for that would be long in the UK. I'd rather pay £40 and see one at my chosen day and time than be in pain waiting.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

OnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond reputeOnwardandUpward has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
it is a highly regulated product both at Federal and State level.
The more I read the more I don't think it is. People get Harrison-Mu'd albeit on a smaller scale than this greedy man all the time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/us...cal-bills.html
Old Mar 20th 2015, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

seawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really niceseawaternow is just really nice

Originally Posted by lansbury
You are allowed to claim medical expenses as a deduction. We do that each year. For us we can claim any medical expense once the total exceeds 7.5% of our income. Medical expenses include montly premiums, and drugs not just treatment and office visits.
Rules changed - it's now 10% of AGI to be able to deduct on tax return (unless you're over 65 in which case you can claim 7.5% until Dec. 31 2016 - after that same rule).