Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Further details to get from GP

Further details to get from GP

Old Apr 28th 2018, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

isi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Further details to get from GP

Went for my medical in London last week and had a few problems. I have to get a 'further information/report' from my doctor as I've had two periods of depression -last time ended 13 years ago. I gave further info and triggers on a separate sheet as told to. My consulate interview is next week and I was told by the medical staff to still attend and my requested GP docs will catch up when they are completed. I can't do that as I want to go to my son's wedding on 19th May and will need my passport. How long can you defer the consulate interview for or do they just give you another date right away?. I have resigned myself that I'm not going to be immigrating as I've heard that mental health is very difficult to get passed but I have to try.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 6:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further details to get from GP

You apparently do not know just how many BE members to the marriage-based visa forum have had mental health issues, particularly depression, in their past and all have been able to pass their medical and get their visas. Some have even self-harmed and got approval. I'm sorry that you did not get a separate report from your GP at the time you got your medical summary stating that you are clear of depression, have been for 13 years, etc.

Go to your interview appointment and at the time you are being interviewed, tell the officer that you need to fly to the US for your son's wedding on the 19th of May and are fearful that your medical report will not be back in time for issuance of the visa and a move before that time. Tell him that you wish to retain your passport so that you can make that trip and you will send the passport to them when they are ready to issue the visa.

It is not a problem.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 28th 2018 at 6:34 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

isi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply. I know what I need from my doctor won't be back for a couple of weeks (appointment/test results) and I really don't want to miss sons wedding hence my anxiety.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isi16
Thank you for your reply. I know what I need from my doctor won't be back for a couple of weeks (appointment/test results) and I really don't want to miss sons wedding hence my anxiety.
Understood. I would be loathe to miss my daughters' wedding, as well. The easiest thing is as I said, go to the interview, and explain why you are not going to leave your passport. They will contact you when they have the need for it and you will courier it to them.

Then again, if you prefer to cancel and reschedule that, too, is an option.

Choice is yours but either way there is no need for you to miss the wedding.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rete. I'm a worrier and have read the consulate is dreadful if not impossible to try and contact and also get passports back. I was going to reschedule but as its May 4th and son is huge star wars fan he said its a good omen..... many thanks for your reply