British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   A funny thing happened on the way to the DMV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/funny-thing-happened-way-dmv-192080/)

Patrick Nov 20th 2003 3:51 am

A funny thing happened on the way to the DMV

My neigbors moved from Virginia in August and they have a 24 year old daughter with little gumption. Anyway they asked me if I would go to the DMV with her for moral support as she should of got her NC license about 2 months ago.

When we get to the DMV she has no proof of SSN so we have to go to the SSA, no big whoop as it is only 4 blocks over. When we get there she is told by the SSA that she is cannot have proof of her SSN as she is not a US Citizen!!!! Remember she has had a VA driving license since she was 16, had a SSN all her life and worked since she dropped out of college 4 years ago.

She was adopted from Chile when she was 2 and her Dad had gone through Naturilazation with her when they adopted her but there seems to be no record on the SSA computer she was still under her birth name and not her adopted name? So she has been "expletive deleted" annoyed all day. They finally got something faxed through before the SSA closed and she got her proof of SSN then went to the DMV and because she was so annoyed failed the written test.

I have no idea what the moral of this story is, but if you do adopt from Chile make sure the dumb "expletive deleted" at the SSA put them on the computer.

Patrick

I am going back with her to the DMV tomorrow

Pulaski Nov 20th 2003 11:40 am

Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the DMV

Originally posted by Patrick ..... because she was so annoyed failed the written test. ......
So there really are people that can't get 80% of multichoice questions right on a test that you could train a chimp to pass! That might explain some of the driving standards in NC :rolleyes:

BrigieDarling Nov 20th 2003 12:55 pm

Originally posted by Patrick

"expletive deleted"
I didn't delete it! ô¿~

Patrick Nov 20th 2003 1:30 pm

Originally posted by Pulaski
So there really are people that can't get 80% of multichoice questions right on a test that you could train a chimp to pass! That might explain some of the driving standards in NC :rolleyes:
She got 100% today, it didn't help yesterday that because she had to sort out her citizenship I ended up taking her Mum to a doctors appointment and she had to take her 2 year old son to the DMV who wanted attention the hole time.

Then again she is a pretty crap driver too

Patrick

BrigieDarling Nov 20th 2003 9:26 pm

Patrick... will you come with me when I ask them to retake my pic next week?

It really came out awful! :(

They wouldn't let me wear a hat! B'stards!