Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

FTB CA issues

FTB CA issues

Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default FTB CA issues

Hello,
Little frustrated trying to contact FTB CA. I recd a notice for 2010 to file my taxes however I have already sent my returns last month. I need to speak to a human! How the he$$ do I do that?
Any help appreciated.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of
Default Re: FTB CA issues

I know it sounds obvious but is there not a phone number on the notice itself?

I received a mailing from FTB in CA on mandatory electronic payment last week (basically telling me that from now on it was compulsory for me to make any payments due online) and I was confused about what it was telling me, so I called a number on the notice. I managed to get through to a real live person (within about :20) who happened to be quite pleasant and answered my questions.

I ended up shredding the document so I can't tell you what number I called.
Have you tried any of these:
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/cont...tility_Contact

Last edited by jackattack; Apr 5th 2012 at 7:19 pm. Reason: appalling grammar
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackattack
I know it sounds obvious but is there not a phone number on the notice itself?

I received a mailing from FTB in CA on mandatory electronic payment last week (basically telling me that from now on it was compulsory for me to make any payments due online) and I was confused about what it was telling me, so I called a number on the notice. I managed to get through to a real live person (within about :20) who happened to be quite pleasant and answered my questions.

I ended up shredding the document so I can't tell you what number I called.
Have you tried any of these:
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/cont...tility_Contact
Oh yeah, called the number on the notice and tired other Contact Us - most of them are automated response only. No live person.

Tried your link too - it's the same number I have tried already.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of

What about the 'live chat' option, it doesn't look like that is all automated?
You could at least try that and ask them for a real live person contact number.

Also, quite a few automated phone lines give you multiple options for different services and they never give you "press 0 for representative" but often you can press 0 and get through to someone.

Just a thought.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, tap that 0 button! I don't know what I pressed but I always got a live person in the past, and they're usually really helpful and nice.

The answer is probably that your return hasn't been processed yet, so when they sent out the reminder letter they hadn't tagged you as having sent it. These days anything that isn't an efile seems to take six weeks minimum. If it was an efile however it sounds like something might have gone wrong...
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jscl
Yeah, tap that 0 button! I don't know what I pressed but I always got a live person in the past, and they're usually really helpful and nice.

The answer is probably that your return hasn't been processed yet, so when they sent out the reminder letter they hadn't tagged you as having sent it. These days anything that isn't an efile seems to take six weeks minimum. If it was an efile however it sounds like something might have gone wrong...
Yes that was the case. I finally got hold of someone on the phone. they said it takes 8 weeks to process so the return might be in the bldg but not yet actioned.

Will call them back in 3 weeks to see where I am at!

Thanks guys.