British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   FT Huchucha AZ...any brits around?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ft-huchucha-az-any-brits-around-681287/)

UKUSMILSPOUSE Aug 15th 2010 10:18 am

FT Huchucha AZ...any brits around??

Hi there..

I will be moving to FT Huchucha AZ sometime in the New year..my husbands duty stations, so was wanting to know if there are any British folks in the area, that may be able to tell me a little about the area, community etc..

Thank you

benblaney Aug 27th 2010 4:30 pm

Re: FT Huchucha AZ...any brits around??

Originally Posted by UKUSMILSPOUSE (Post 8778342)
Hi there..

I will be moving to FT Huchucha AZ sometime in the New year..my husbands duty stations, so was wanting to know if there are any British folks in the area, that may be able to tell me a little about the area, community etc..

Thank you

A friend of mine was a Colonel down there. His ex-wife is now married to another Colonel down there. I'll try to see if she's still there, or if they've moved on.

I've been to Fort Huachuca. Love the weather.

LegalBrit Sep 5th 2010 12:05 am

I'm in Tucson at the moment, which is the nearest big city to where you're going to be. As with most western US cities it's very difficult to get around without a car and it's very spread out, which makes a huge change from London. The people are fantastic however, as is the weather. If you're coming for any length of time be prepared for 100 degree+ days (35C+) and high humidity. Also be sure to fully investigate how to use programs like skype to keep in touch with the UK cheaply.

CelticRover Sep 5th 2010 12:17 am

Originally Posted by UKUSMILSPOUSE (Post 8778342)
Hi there..

Thank you

http://www.visitcochisecounty.com/si...ta_arizona.htm

HarryTheSpider Sep 8th 2010 10:58 pm

I see you're currently deployed - stay safe... (I served a while with 'Crab Air'... on the Wokkas...)

We'll be in AZ hopefully for Nov, and we're just beginning to appreciate that what is a long distance in the UK is not necessarily so in AZ, so perhaps we'll see you in the New Year when we go exploring the Border regions?!

Cheers

Harry

Peahead Oct 20th 2010 11:50 pm

Hey! I'm also a brit living in AZ..I moved to Tucson with my fiance a few months ago (not far from Fort Huachuca). The winter is a perfect time to move to Arizona, the mountain are amazing and there is lots of fantastic hiking/mountain biking. I will gladly help you with any information you may need.

There is a Brit meetup group in Phoenix but I've not been able to find one in Tucson and I'm feeling lonely myself without any fellow brits. If anyone wants to start a meetup let me know!

:)

HarryTheSpider Oct 27th 2010 12:45 pm

Hi Peahead(!?)

We move on the 9th, arriving that night on the direct flight from London on BA. We'll have our 3 dogs on the same flight:thumbsup:

I'm currently in Phoenix on work - great timing! I head back on Friday to finalise the move and pack etc, and then, we're off!

I took a trip out to Canyon lake at the weekend - amazing scenery.

Tucson isn't so far, so perhaps we'll meet up after Thanks Giving?

Cheers

Harry

poppycat Oct 27th 2010 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Peahead (Post 8932106)
Hey! I'm also a brit living in AZ

Me too - Casa Grande, mid-way(ish) btwn PHX & TUC.:thumbup:

Peahead Oct 27th 2010 3:47 pm

Hey HarrytheSpider and poppycat! Woop woop there are some Brits around. Canyon Lake sounds nice, I should take a trip out there now that the weather is cooling off.

Safe travels..and yes we should plan a meet up after thanksgiving! :D