British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Frosted Shreddies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/frosted-shreddies-319231/)

Yosser Aug 10th 2005 5:19 pm

Frosted Shreddies
 
Already ate the 2 boxes I brought back with me from my trip to Blighty last month. :(

Anybody seen frosted shreddies in the stores over here?

Also the "organic" version of Weetabix ain't bad ($3.95 per box at super Tarchay) makes one shite thru an eye of a needle within 2 hours of consumption though.

Bloody fed up with the choice of breakfast stuff over here, half the shelf is 100 different types of cheerios or oatmeal!

Sarah Aug 10th 2005 5:59 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 

Originally Posted by Yosser
Already ate the 2 boxes I brought back with me from my trip to Blighty last month. :(

Anybody seen frosted shreddies in the stores over here?

Also the "organic" version of Weetabix ain't bad ($3.95 per box at super Tarchay) makes one shite thru an eye of a needle within 2 hours of consumption though.

Bloody fed up with the choice of breakfast stuff over here, half the shelf is 100 different types of cheerios or oatmeal!


Not seen frosted shreddies but a great substitute for regular shreddies is "Toasted Wheat" from Walmart. They taste exactly the same as normal shreddies only they are a bit smaller in size. All breakfast cereals over here are 99% sugar so I try and avoid at all costs. However I am partial to the occasional bowl of fruit loops :)

BritGuyTN Aug 10th 2005 5:59 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 

Originally Posted by Yosser
Already ate the 2 boxes I brought back with me from my trip to Blighty last month. :(

Anybody seen frosted shreddies in the stores over here?

Also the "organic" version of Weetabix ain't bad ($3.95 per box at super Tarchay) makes one shite thru an eye of a needle within 2 hours of consumption though.

Bloody fed up with the choice of breakfast stuff over here, half the shelf is 100 different types of cheerios or oatmeal!

and all varieties are laden with added sugar and salt

EVEN SPECIAL K HAS ADDED SUGAR!!!! WTF!

canny lass Aug 10th 2005 6:10 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 
I can get Frosted Sheddies here, they are called Mini Wheats also Sugar Puffs which are called Honey Smacks. If you add carnation milk to Cream of Wheat (oringal flavour) it's a good substitute for Ready Brek.

Duncan Roberts Aug 10th 2005 8:47 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 
You sure you are not confusing shreddies with shredded wheat? The only things around here called mini wheats are the bite size version of shredded wheat. I found some stuff that's exactly the same as shreddies called organic wheat squares, made by full circle. I think I saw a frosted version a few times but I can't say for sure.

Sumner Aug 10th 2005 8:53 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 
Breakfast cereal over here is jsut sugar filled rubbish imo

woodsey Aug 10th 2005 8:54 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 

Originally Posted by Yosser
Already ate the 2 boxes I brought back with me from my trip to Blighty last month. :(

Anybody seen frosted shreddies in the stores over here?

Also the "organic" version of Weetabix ain't bad ($3.95 per box at super Tarchay) makes one shite thru an eye of a needle within 2 hours of consumption though.

Bloody fed up with the choice of breakfast stuff over here, half the shelf is 100 different types of cheerios or oatmeal!

Our local supermarket has something that looks like frosted shreddies but I've never tried them but I'll look when I pop in later. Also not sure if you have Trader Joes where you are but 'organic' Weetabix are only $2 a box in there, cheaper than they are in England.. :confused:

Yosser Aug 10th 2005 9:51 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
You sure you are not confusing shreddies with shredded wheat? The only things around here called mini wheats are the bite size version of shredded wheat. I found some stuff that's exactly the same as shreddies called organic wheat squares, made by full circle. I think I saw a frosted version a few times but I can't say for sure.

Yep, that what I was thinking, on the front of the box the picture has just mini shredded wheat (ghastly stuff)...with the frosting just layered on top.

The Brit frosted shreddies are way different.

I'll try and find a picture....

Yosser Aug 10th 2005 9:59 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 
1 Attachment(s)
here we are...

Ray Aug 10th 2005 10:28 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 
FFS bloody whining about breakfast cereals ... This really takes the biscuit .....I mean cookie....

woodsey Aug 10th 2005 10:36 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 

Originally Posted by Ray
FFS bloody whining about breakfast cereals ... This really takes the biscuit .....I mean cookie....

I take it you've never eaten a bowl of fruit loops then, I mean how can they even be legal with all those food colourings in them..disgraceful :mad: and whilst I'm on the subject, coco pops or rather coco crispies as they are called her taste nothing like the ones at home, they're all rubbish, I'd have toast but even the bread here is shit..

Ray Aug 10th 2005 10:47 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 
Don't eat cereals ..and bake your own bread ..........STOP WHINING...

Perfumdiva1 Aug 10th 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 

Originally Posted by Ray
Don't eat cereals ..and bake your own bread ..........STOP WHINING...


I do make my own bread in the machine thingy (out of a packet of course, but no doubt you will give me a recipe)

And it still taste like "tasteless crap"

The shop bought bread here lasts forever, and never goes stale (so that in itself isnt a good thing)

I have been here for 8 years, and my complaint from day one was the bread, the other stuff I can tolerate..

Fiesta bread here is the best as far as I can see (and I dont mean the porn mag) LOL

PD1

Perfumdiva1 Aug 10th 2005 10:56 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 
As for the cereals, No wonder all these kids are on Ritalin

PD1

anotherlimey Aug 10th 2005 11:00 pm

Re: Frosted Shreddies
 

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
I do make my own bread in the machine thingy (out of a packet of course, but no doubt you will give me a recipe)

And it still taste like "tasteless crap"


Add corn syrup :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.