Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Frigging Car

Frigging Car

Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frigging Car

So we drove from Indiana all the way to Georgia and just before we leave to drive to N. Carolina our car decided to try and kill us. The frigging brake lines split and the brakes were not working properly! Luckily we were staying with a friend and they got us to a local garage 10 minutes before it closed on Sunday. Car has been left there to get fixed and we got a rental to get to N Carolina. Could have been worse I guess. We could have been half way through our journey to Charlotte and then the brakes went! The kids are just happy that the hire car has really good A/C so they didn't get too hot and sweaty.

We may need to think about getting a newer car or looking at car loans or something. Only been here since last Oct.

So instead of going back to Indy from N Carolina on Friday we now need to go back to Georgia to get our car and then drive back north. Will probably end up staying and watching the England V USA game and then leaving. I am not sure which side I will be rooting for to win that game though.