Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Friends Reunited

Friends Reunited

Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:16 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends Reunited

Originally Posted by sibsie
And you didn't sell it to The Sun? You mad fool.
When I was a kid, my mum & dad used to run a grocers shop in Lewes and Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones lived up the road, he used to come in and buy lots of candles
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:18 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I just thought of another one......my cuz June was shagging one of the members of........'.Brotherhood of Man'.......she was his mistress.....he owned a white Rolls.....and once give me 5 pounds to leave the room..........

On my honeymoon.......me and hubby used her room on our way to Cornwall.......and we found their love letters......and postcards......hide in books......
I'm distantly related to Bob Dylan...
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:21 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

And you didn't sell it to The Sun? You mad fool.
They knew each other for ever... I was just a kid when he came to the house.........I only took note because of his white Rolls......one of my fav cars......the poatcards where from all over the world....we found them in 1980.....she was a Pretty Polly or something like that model in the 60s.....and pictures of her legs lined the tube for a while.......she did that to pay for college.....and then went into Computers...that was when Computers took up a room......
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:23 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
When I was a kid, my mum & dad used to run a grocers shop in Lewes and Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones lived up the road, he used to come in and buy lots of candles
Not as good as sharing a paper with James Bond........
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:36 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
I'm distantly related to Bob Dylan...
A family member was once Gov of CA......he would of been I think a Drinkwater....or a Beaumont......or maybe the son of one of the daughters so with a different name all together......my mum told me this gem a few weeks ago......but give me no more info......my grandad Drinkwater was the youngest of 24 kids.....so we are a large family and get about about.......
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:06 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

A family member was once Gov of CA......he would of been I think a Drinkwater....or a Beaumont......or maybe the son of one of the daughters so with a different name all together......my mum told me this gem a few weeks ago......but give me no more info......my grandad Drinkwater was the youngest of 24 kids.....so we are a large family and get about about.......

My mate here in LA was the drummer in the Style Council , Aztec Camera and now Madonna - I was impressed with this until last week when we had a few beers out with one of his mates who, when I asked what he did for a living, explained that he is re-writing the cartoon "Rhubarb and Custard" for American TV - priceless
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:16 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
My mate here in LA was the drummer in the Style Council , Aztec Camera and now Madonna - I was impressed with this until last week when we had a few beers out with one of his mates who, when I asked what he did for a living, explained that he is re-writing the cartoon "Rhubarb and Custard" for American TV - priceless

Now that is a dream job if ever there was one. Giz a job mate giz a job!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I mean the SAME morning paper...as in HIS morning paper.....the ONE he read at breakfast......not just the same paper as in name.....THE paper.....HIS paper.....is no-one going to ask me about it............ ??

Like krizzy you spent time with the Roger Moore......when how why.....

You were seduced by the eyebrows ?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:31 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by Eskimo
My brother in law is the one to talk to about famous people......really talking to them and whatnot......he is/was in a band called Big Brother Soul in Southsea.....and was also in a band called The Immortals......they even had a record out......he is a dummer.......I'm not sure if BBS is still playing together now......I think they called it a day......
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:34 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
You were seduced by the eyebrows ?
I can't stand the man......and I've not seen his eyebrows in real life......just his Newspaper...........
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:59 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Quick bump for my Friends Reunited report.

I met her at her hotel and we recognised each other instantly. Had a totally fantastic time, never running out of things to chat about. We even had this thing where we had the same sayings, and I really have some very random sayings. It was like finding my long lost evil twin.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Quick bump for my Friends Reunited report.

I met her at her hotel and we recognised each other instantly. Had a totally fantastic time, never running out of things to chat about. We even had this thing where we had the same sayings, and I really have some very random sayings. It was like finding my long lost evil twin.
Be afraid, be VERY afraid... can the world cope with 2 Sibsies ?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:39 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I started reading this thread because it looked like fun. I had never heard of FR so I took a look and to my amazement my school was there. I expected that I would have been the white sheep in a flock of black sheep. I though that most of my mates would have been incarcerated, or even topped by now. Crap, I'm sort of in shock and waffling. Lennie C was there, the best inside right I ever played with. My cousin followed me by a year at school and he is by no means computer literate but his daughter is contact for him.
( I am sure that half the boys in his class did time before they were 21, they were bad news). There was Trevor P. whose dad was a rag and bone man.
Sorry, I.ll stop waffling.