Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A friendly 'Howdy Y'all'

A friendly 'Howdy Y'all'

Old May 12th 2012, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Geordie-Tex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A friendly 'Howdy Y'all'

Hey everyone, I finally got around to registering for the site. Just over three years ago I was frantically searching this site (and a couple of other lesser ones) for answers to questions I forgot to ask when the opportune moment came up.

That said, for nearly two years now I am a proud and happy resident in the colonies (or the republic as one of my co-works likes to say) and would just like to say thank you, the advice and help I found here was invaluable to my application to be with the woman I love.

Two jaffa cakes and a packet of hula hoops to the first person to guess where I am from.
Old May 12th 2012, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A friendly 'Howdy Y'all'

Welcome aboard sailor
Old May 12th 2012, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie-Tex
Two jaffa cakes and a packet of hula hoops to the first person to guess where I am from.
Newcastle, Gateshead, Durham, Birtley, Chester-le-Street, Ashington... did I guess it yet, I can list more LOL.
Old May 12th 2012, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Clearly I'm not alone here. You're still not getting my jaffas though.
Old May 12th 2012, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Clearly I'm not alone here. You're still not getting my jaffas though.
Howay man, a deal's a deal like... do I least get the Hula Hoops?
Old May 12th 2012, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Divin't howay me, gan get your own!
Old May 12th 2012, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Divin't howay me, gan get your own!
Well divin't ye mack false promises like, just ye wait till I gan back to the north east, I'll sent ye a special message tellin ya just how many Greggs pasties I've scoffed down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 12th 2012, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Is there anything in America that compares to Greggs? I've told Wife about the beautiful deliciousness that drifts out of their dream machines yet she will not believe it! I've told her as soon as we come out of Arrivals we are going straight to the Greggs inside the Airport.
Old May 12th 2012, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

teach_says is on a distinguished road

Welcome... You clearly haven't been in the UK for a little while. There is now a programme called Geordie Shore on MTV (follows people from Newcastle)... So for me your name was a give away.

Welcome!!! When are you coming to the UK?
Old May 12th 2012, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Dunston...jesmond...ponteland....way aye man hinny
Old May 12th 2012, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Is there anything in America that compares to Greggs? I've told Wife about the beautiful deliciousness that drifts out of their dream machines yet she will not believe it! I've told her as soon as we come out of Arrivals we are going straight to the Greggs inside the Airport.
Nothing even close to Greggs that I have seen
That one in Newcastle airport is great because they do not up charge for location so you can grap a meal and eat it there without taking out a second morgage!
Old May 12th 2012, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teach_says
Welcome... You clearly haven't been in the UK for a little while. There is now a programme called Geordie Shore on MTV (follows people from Newcastle)... So for me your name was a give away.

Welcome!!! When are you coming to the UK?
We do not usualy get the movie channels as part of our Direct TV package only regular channels, a few months ago we got a free view for the movie channels... I think it was Sundance (or something similar) showed a movie about 'dogging' in Newcastle and Sheilds LOL not what I expected to see on an american movie channel.
Old May 12th 2012, 10:52 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Pasty substitute: Phoenicia, westheimer. A bit posh like, but cannae good.

Denton, Heaton, Fenham, Byker (ooooh Byker Byker, Byker grove)....
Old May 12th 2012, 11:49 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Forget pasties. Boiled Bacon and Pease Pudding Stottie Cake Sandwiches are the best thing in Greggs.
Old May 12th 2012, 3:17 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Benwell, Blakelaw, Cowgate, Walker, Sandyford, Westerhope...

and it's stotties I crave...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.