Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

friendliest towns..

friendliest towns..

Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:29 am
enter the twiglet zone...

alien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to all
Default Re: friendliest towns..

I studied in nursing school here, and have my GC. i've also been to nashville a heap of times, and yup, twas on my short list...just a tad quiet tho.

Britguy, I'm in st louis. a mere 4 hr drive away...except that st louis is in its own timewarp ...feels worlds away!!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
we just scare them off with our scary tranvestites:

http://austintexas420.tripod.com/les...tin-texas1.jpg
kinda looked like ray
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Not Virginia.
Unless of course you favour shiny flatbed trucks with Bush/Cheney stickers and a church the size of Walmart on every corner.

Don't know anything about Atlanta. New Hampshire is a friendly state.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:50 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by alien species
I studied in nursing school here, and have my GC. i've also been to nashville a heap of times, and yup, twas on my short list...just a tad quiet tho.

Britguy, I'm in st louis. a mere 4 hr drive away...except that st louis is in its own timewarp ...feels worlds away!!

Nicely. Well ignore what I said then. Apart from the Florida bit. No, really its lovely down here. My wifes a nurse here.

Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:55 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I'll give him that, still an annoying git though...
Austin is supposed to be nice, but the state is still scary
What is it about him that you find annoying? Compared to most well-paid sports and showbiz personalities he seems pretty low-key. Plus he is an amazing athlete. Plus he has helped thousands of cancer survivors.

Sorry to get off topic, it's just that I hear this comment about Lance now and then and I just don't get it.

And yes, everything I've read about Austin would put it in my top 5 places too.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 2:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like Boulder would suite.

A man decided to write a book about famous churches around the world. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North. On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read "$10,000 per call". The man, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to Heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The man thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "O.K., thank you," said the man.

He then traveled to Indianapolis, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Boston, and New York. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same "$10,000 per call" sign under it. The man, upon leaving New York decided to travel out Midwest to see if western states had the same phone.

He arrived in Colorado, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read "40 cents per call." The man was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. "Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in the east and south the price was $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here? The priest smiled and answered, "You're in Colorado now, son it's a local call".
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
What is it about him that you find annoying? Compared to most well-paid sports and showbiz personalities he seems pretty low-key. Plus he is an amazing athlete. Plus he has helped thousands of cancer survivors.
Just a really annoying git when he's interviewed, oh so rightous, and those tv adds are painful that he does....no doubt he's a great athlete and had to over come along with cancer, but now he's just plain annoying.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:50 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Just a really annoying git when he's interviewed, oh so rightous, and those tv adds are painful that he does....no doubt he's a great athlete and had to over come along with cancer, but now he's just plain annoying.
so he's smarmy, then?!

I'm not so happy that he left his wife and their three young children (the youngest twins) and then took up with Sheryl Crow. He is one helluva bike rider and athlete, and yes, has raised money for cancer. The little wristbands are now being used for all sorts of various causes -- white ones are currently being worn by the UK music community to help makepovertyhistory.org .
Old Apr 29th 2005, 4:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

so he's smarmy, then?!

I'm not so happy that he left his wife and their three young children (the youngest twins) and then took up with Sheryl Crow....
smarmy would some him up...and the crow thing, that was a bit of a dick thing to do..
Old Apr 29th 2005, 4:19 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
smarmy would some him up...and the crow thing, that was a bit of a dick thing to do..
Yes, their kids go to our pediatrician. It's a fairly small world here, which is nice, but you'd be surprised at how fast word gets round.

All I can say is that if I were only judged by the worst thing I had done, everyone would hate me. We all make mistakes; some worse than others; some more permanent and less 'fixable' than others. I don't worship Lance, but I am inspired by his wins in a sport largely ignored by Americans.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:28 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Bob
kinda looked like ray

:scared:

just photoshop in a shotgun and ....
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
kinda looked like ray
Thanks Bob.... Long time since I had a waist like that ... although my legs are as good as those ....
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:45 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Ray
Thanks Bob.... Long time since I had a waist like that ... although my legs are as good as those ....
If you have the huevos to walk down the middle of a very crowded street full of drunks, wearing nothing but a thong and high heels, well, you too could be Leslie.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Texas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant futureTexas Brit has a brilliant future

If you have the huevos to walk down the middle of a very crowded street full of drunks, wearing nothing but a thong and high heels, well, you too could be Leslie.
. . . and run for mayor (which he did). (Hi SB. )
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:32 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

nice one

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sounds like Boulder would suite.

A man decided to write a book about famous churches around the world. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North. On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read "$10,000 per call". The man, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to Heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The man thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "O.K., thank you," said the man.

He then traveled to Indianapolis, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Boston, and New York. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same "$10,000 per call" sign under it. The man, upon leaving New York decided to travel out Midwest to see if western states had the same phone.

He arrived in Colorado, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read "40 cents per call." The man was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. "Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in the east and south the price was $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here? The priest smiled and answered, "You're in Colorado now, son it's a local call".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.