Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Nosy cow.
Yep, that's me.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:54 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friday fun - stupidest thing you've been asked since you've been here...

'Do you celebrate New Years in the United Kingdom'

minedewe my neighbours son was asking me questions about Paris earlier this year and wanted to know what the leaning tower of Pisa was like. He gave me a very glazed expression when I explained that the Leaning Tower of Pisa was in Pisa in Italy and did he mean the Eiffel Tower
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:55 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Sure, absolutely.

well,

where is it then
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
'Do you celebrate New Years in the United Kingdom'

minedewe my neighbours son was asking me questions about Paris earlier this year and wanted to know what the leaning tower of Pisa was like. He gave me a very glazed expression when I explained that the Leaning Tower of Pisa was in Pisa in Italy and did he mean the Eiffel Tower
Don't the Brits often get asked if they celebrate the 4th of July?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well,

where is it then
It's a trasure hunt. You just start hunting.... let me know when you find it...
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:58 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Redlippie
If I knew Mandela.

Telling me I was a liar for saying I was from Africa because there are no white people in Africa.

Telling me they love my English accent *guffaw*
Did you live in a hut with a grass roof?
Did you have to hunt for food?
White from Africa?
What’s apartheid?:curse:
Did you have TV.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:59 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by Tracym
It's a trasure hunt. You just start hunting.... let me know when you find it...
is that like a treasure hunt
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:01 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

is that like a treasure hunt
No… trouser hunt
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:04 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ri_mischief
Let's post the craziest things we've been asked....see who has the most unusual.
I think my best one.... "Do you speak English in England...."
Its all a surreal blur. But prob the worst one was:

"Are you German?"

Honestly.
Really.
Just how universally retarded to you have to be to ask someone who sounds as English as anything, if they are - German?

So I laid my jackboot into his groin and marched off singing Horst Wessel. *Amerikanische Schweinhund! Ach!*
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rushman
202 456 1414
Called this number - spoke to some bloke called George - he said Laura had stretchmarks too....did I want to pop down for a threesome so that I could find out for myself...
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Xebedee

"Are you German?"

Honestly.
Really.
Just how universally retarded to you have to be to ask someone who sounds as English as anything, if they are - German?

So I laid my jackboot into his groin and marched off singing Horst Wessel. *Amerikanische Schweinhund! Ach!*
Hope you were wearing your lederhosen....
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:08 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ri_mischief
Hope you were wearing your lederhosen....
Over the French Maids outfit. Naturlich!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hatfield1
No… trouser hunt
Sounds more fun actually...
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Xebedee

"Are you German?"

Honestly.
Really.

Oh, I've been asked that. Probably the Northern accent that throws them!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

"Oh! You're ENGLISH! Tell me, what do you think of the Queen? Oh no, wait. She's Canadian, isn't she."

I was once asked if I knew Princess Diana and replied, "Of course I know her. We all do. England's a small place. She sometimes comes round to my house for tea on a Friday." Worse thing I could have done, because they believed me and told everyone else in the workplace, who also believed me, so then I had to explain that I was only joking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.