Fresno

Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fresno

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Really?

We came through that way a couple of weeks ago (I-5) on our way back from So Cal. Anyway, not someplace I'd normally stop, but we needed to fuel up. So we stopped. Anyway, I thought it was extremely interesting that there were signs on all the pumps that said if you drove off with the gas hose still attached that you would pay the cost of getting fixed. I can't remember the amount, but it was like $110 for something and another amount for something else. It must be something that happens quite often, and I almost asked the cashier, but he was obviously just taking money and not offering conversation.
Yup, I saw the same sign here this week in Half Moon Bay (certainly not a violence capital of California).
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

mekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nicemekadag is just really nice

Hi

I left london and went to Fresno about eight years ago.
I lived in Clovis on the outskirts of fresno for four years and worked as a professor at Fresno state. I enjoyed my time at the university and my children attended clovis west which was a very good school. I know there is a lot of negative talk about the central valley but clovis is a good area to live and yosemine park is about an hour away its fantastic and you have San francisco about 3 hours away. Yes it has no culture etc and there are problems with the air and pollution coming from the farms in the area - this was one of the reasons i left. It is very hot during the summer sometimes reaching 110 degrees but then so is arizona and other parts of the us. The winters are lovely and the valley is surrounded by the mountains. No worries just enjoy your time there and i suggest you look at clovis west and the surrounding areas for your children's school.
good luck

julia
t and
Old Nov 12th 2010, 2:05 am
Just Joined

MK_Cali is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi cloughie74,
I moved to Fresno from London 3 years ago after getting married to my husband who is a US citizen. I am British and well... what to say about Fresno. Fresno is a farming area, cheap housing, no traffic, clean, lots of outdoor activities, quiet place to raise a family. You said your husband has a job lined up here so you will like it here. Jobs are very scarce here.

My family come and visit from London all the time and they do not need a visa as they normally visit for 2-3 weeks at a time. A stay more than 3 months requires a visa.

Enjoy the Cali sun if nothing else in Fresno.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Bakersfield is marginally worse than Fresno imo, but it's a close run thing.
Just saw this old thread.

Guess who has an interview in Bakersfield for a hospital position there....!!!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
WooHoo! Magic!

Ian
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:43 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Just saw this old thread.

Nooo mate don't its even worse then Fresno its a bloody awful hole.