Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

freelance writing while on visitors visa

freelance writing while on visitors visa

Old Jul 30th 2002, 10:31 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 14
bigbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default freelance writing while on visitors visa

My last question for the kind souls who take the time to reply to these things.
Can I do research for a magazine article while in the US on a visitors visa (B2)...then write it when I am back in the UK and submit it to US journals, giving them my UK social security number and asking for payment to be sent to the UK?
And will this cause any problems? eg. will the magazine send a form to the US tax office saying a payment was sent to the UK, and could this be queried for any reason?
bigbird is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.