Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Free text message to UK mobiles (only via websites)

Free text message to UK mobiles (only via websites)

Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Free text message to UK mobiles (only via websites)

Originally Posted by Door4MrBenn
These are all US cell phone companies - do you have the UK ones?
Not yet
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbfsms.com/

I know how to send a paid text message to the UK, if I want to. But this is not the issue or the question.

(Please use my correct name. Thank you).
Then google it yourself, if you're going to get in a strop.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

I can't figure out who the operator is for the 07 code you gave, "Ben"

Time to experiment! Send a brief e-mail, ca 120 characters, counting spaces and punctuation to [email protected] and kindly report back
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:23 pm
Banned

Door4MrBenn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Then google it yourself, if you're going to get in a strop.
What makes you think I didn't, Bib?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kar98
I can't figure out who the operator is for the 07 code you gave, "Ben"

Time to experiment! Send a brief e-mail, ca 120 characters, counting spaces and punctuation to [email protected] and kindly report back
I have asked the person by email and should hear back shortly.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think I didn't, Bib?
because you'd have found your answers straight off, that folks here have googled for you
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's about knowing the right terms to google for

Meteor Ireland: [email protected]

O2: [email protected]
Orange UK: [email protected]
T-Mobile UK: [email protected]
Vodafone UK: [email protected]

Oh... eff me, there already is a damn list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:36 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbfsms.com/

I know how to send a paid text message to the UK, if I want to. But this is not the issue or the question.

(Please use my correct name. Thank you).
Hi - what is your name? You have not told us, so I used part of your username, as is common.

Best of luck in your continued search.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
because you'd have found your answers straight off, that folks here have googled for you
Not necessarily (and I didn't).
Perhaps you are unaware that Google does not produce the same results for everyone.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kar98
It's about knowing the right terms to google for

Meteor Ireland: [email protected]

O2: [email protected]
Orange UK: [email protected]
T-Mobile UK: [email protected]
Vodafone UK: [email protected]

Oh... eff me, there already is a damn list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

Thank you for all your work. Much appreciated.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

brl2k is just really nicebrl2k is just really nicebrl2k is just really nicebrl2k is just really nicebrl2k is just really nicebrl2k is just really nicebrl2k is just really nicebrl2k is just really nice

Cricket cellphone plans include international text messaging for no additional costs and their plans are really cheap, only $55 for smartphones.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brl2k
Cricket cellphone plans include international text messaging for no additional costs and their plans are really cheap, only $55 for smartphones.
I'm on the $15/month plan from T-Mobile US, giving me unlimited messaging and 10c a minute for actual phone calls. For ten bucks more, I'd get:

unlimited calls to landlines in over 50 countries, unlimited texting to any mobile phone in over 200 countries, and unlimited texting and discounted calling to landlines and mobile phones in over 150 countries,
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Not necessarily (and I didn't).
Perhaps you are unaware that Google does not produce the same results for everyone.
Yet everyone else was able to find the answer without a hitch, whilst you just got in a strop?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
Yet everyone else was able to find the answer without a hitch, whilst you just got in a strop?
Go away Bib, no-one is interested in your hooey.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by brl2k
I can't justify such a large expense for my very limited needs so I have a Tracfone, which costs me $6.50 a month to keep any minutes, perpetually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.