Free cable

Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:31 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free cable

Woo hooooo. I knew if we waited the barstools out we'd win. Charter have just given us expanded basic cable for free for the first six months with no hidden costs or obligation after the trail period.

Not really being big TV people, but rather a pair of netheads (obviously), we weren't prepared to pay 99 bucks a month just to watch the news - which is just about the only thing I ever watch, being a bit of a news junkie.

But, now they are giving it to us for free I am not complaining. Well, actually, I am!!!! My buddy in Alabama has the same package and he gets Fox Soccer Channel for free. I called them today and asked if we could have it for free and they said no chance. They have different free channels in different parts of the US. If we wanted to get the soccer channel we would have to pay 84 dollars a month. So sod that.

There is a guy in a local bar who reckons he can hook us up to all the channels for 50 dollars. He also reckons he is in the CIA though and was once married to Marilyn Monroe so I think I will hang onto my nifty for now!

Anyway, if any of you out there are paying for basic expanded cable, change to Charter and get it free for a bit. Don't get the phone though, it is a rip off. Vonage offer free local, international and free calls to the UK anytime for 30 a month including tax. I dont work for either of these companys by the way.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free cable

hacking your way into free cable on the dodge is a federal offence...but it's a lot easier to do on the on old analogue signal, just use a filter clip...bit tough now...

but I hear ya on shite deals, it was utter phish up where we lived in Maine....far better now.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod View Post
Woo hooooo. I knew if we waited the barstools out we'd win. Charter have just given us expanded basic cable for free for the first six months with no hidden costs or obligation after the trail period.

Not really being big TV people, but rather a pair of netheads (obviously), we weren't prepared to pay 99 bucks a month just to watch the news - which is just about the only thing I ever watch, being a bit of a news junkie.

But, now they are giving it to us for free I am not complaining. Well, actually, I am!!!! My buddy in Alabama has the same package and he gets Fox Soccer Channel for free. I called them today and asked if we could have it for free and they said no chance. They have different free channels in different parts of the US. If we wanted to get the soccer channel we would have to pay 84 dollars a month. So sod that.

There is a guy in a local bar who reckons he can hook us up to all the channels for 50 dollars. He also reckons he is in the CIA though and was once married to Marilyn Monroe so I think I will hang onto my nifty for now!

Anyway, if any of you out there are paying for basic expanded cable, change to Charter and get it free for a bit. Don't get the phone though, it is a rip off. Vonage offer free local, international and free calls to the UK anytime for 30 a month including tax. I dont work for either of these companys by the way.
We have a choice of one cable company around here...reckon someone's palm is being greased.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:44 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

for free for the first six months with no hidden costs or obligation after the trail period.
I expect a post in six months telling us of the great joy you experienced when you tried to cancel.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:46 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
hacking your way into free cable on the dodge is a federal offence...but it's a lot easier to do on the on old analogue signal, just use a filter clip...bit tough now...

but I hear ya on shite deals, it was utter phish up where we lived in Maine....far better now.
Federal offence or not, extra cable channels is more a punishment than a pleasure. We are currently watching a vid from the library. It is much better than watching endless ad's for drugs that have more side effects than benefits and old Eddie Murphy movies (though 48 Hours is a classic). The free package is okay for keeping our little girl happy with cartoons for an hour or so after school, and we do get news and doco's (love a good doco), but I don't think I could cope with 400 hundred channels of mind numbing crap.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:54 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by AdobePinon View Post
I expect a post in six months telling us of the great joy you experienced when you tried to cancel.
Oh cynical you!!! Are you suggesting that the cable company would mislead us? In the land of he free!!??!!! Surely not. That said, if I aint got it they can't have it. They could sue me for my 90 dollar walmart guitar I suppose. That would make my wife more than happy
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh cynical you!!! Are you suggesting that the cable company would mislead us? In the land of he free!!??!!! Surely not. That said, if I aint got it they can't have it. They could sue me for my 90 dollar walmart guitar I suppose. That would make my wife more than happy
Liens is the name of the game ...
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:13 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
We have a choice of one cable company around here...reckon someone's palm is being greased.
yeah likewise here. Unfortunately Time Warner haven't been able to send a correct bill since November They are flippin useless. Come spring I think we will be moving to Directv. Unfortunately we have to keep TW for the cable internet as there's no-one else in our area (unless we want to go to DSL, and thats just not happening )
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:58 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Fox Soccer channel is only a few bucks a month, and if you get a c-band satellite dish, you can (sometimes) pick up Setanta's backhaul to the US (with some of their matches).
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Free Cable = Not worth it = Felony! = Possible ass rape just for being able to watch Oprah and the Soprano's for free. Sod that for a laugh.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop View Post
Free Cable = Not worth it = Felony! = Possible ass rape just for being able to watch Oprah and the Soprano's for free. Sod that for a laugh.
well i would love a tv guide!!! but where the hell do i get one??? Apart from the sunday papers. I seem to never find it in amongst the coupons.

BBC America and law and order, that is my lot. But bbc america if i see another add for soccer wives - talk about ramming it down ones throat - literally....
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deedee13 View Post
well i would love a tv guide!!! but where the hell do i get one??? Apart from the sunday papers. I seem to never find it in amongst the coupons.

BBC America and law and order, that is my lot. But bbc america if i see another add for soccer wives - talk about ramming it down ones throat - literally....
You can subscribe to the TV Guide magazine or try here http://tvlistings.zap2it.com
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:07 pm
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
yeah likewise here. Unfortunately Time Warner haven't been able to send a correct bill since November They are flippin useless. Come spring I think we will be moving to Directv. Unfortunately we have to keep TW for the cable internet as there's no-one else in our area (unless we want to go to DSL, and thats just not happening )

Are AT&T Yahoo in your area at all? If so, you may be able to get your broadband, DishTV, etc through them.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
Fox Soccer channel is only a few bucks a month, and if you get a c-band satellite dish, you can (sometimes) pick up Setanta's backhaul to the US (with some of their matches).
Ooh, how do you do it? I've been searching around online at DirectTV and Dish Network. We can't get a satellite here (without paying a huge deposit and securing $100,000 of insurance for it) so we're looking at getting one for the new house. FA cup will be over by then though I think!

Charter really did say it would be an extra $84/mo to get Fox Soccer. It's because you have to buy the entire sports package to get it. On DirectTV, you can get the base package with all the local channels, plus 40 "family" channels, for $30/mo, and add Setanta Sports (which looks very cool) for an extra $15. On Dish, they don't offer Setanta but for $52.99/mo you can get the Top 250 with Fox Soccer and you get BBC America which isn't included in the Direct TV base package. I can't decide if $8 extra is worth it for BBC, because I've looked at the TV listings and the only thing worth watching is the news. I mean, Benny Hill is on non-stop. The rest is just DIY and home improvement shows that are on HGTV anyway. Why don't they play more of what is on right now in Britain, instead of what was on like 30 years ago??

I guess we'll probably just go with Direct TV, that Setanta Sports looks really cool (I love English football! It's the only sport I even watch - well, sometimes hockey).
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13 View Post
free guides all over the internet, and those cheap crap magazines next to all the other shite magazines by the check out in grocery stores...