Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Frankfurt - anyone transferred thro it?

Frankfurt - anyone transferred thro it?

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frankfurt - anyone transferred thro it?

Originally Posted by Weeze
Well I did mean the airport, but Stockton and Middlesbrough should probably have been declared bankrupt some years ago
They probably have been but no-one noticed...
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishKimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Frankfurt - anyone transferred thro it?

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Im off back to UK in early march - this time got a reasonable flight from Northern California to Manchester (then will take direct train to M/bro)

Eureka to Sanfran to Frankfurt to Manchester

Anyone been via Frankfurt please - what's the airport like?

I only have 1 1/4 hours in between flights so not much time (only have to get off one plane and onto the next one tho - I will be checked all the way)7

Thanks!
M/bro? does that stand for middlesbrough by any chance?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:45 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishKimmy
M/bro? does that stand for middlesbrough by any chance?
Yes, she's another smoggy. We seem to be taking over the US!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yay! I was born in middlesbrough and then lived in
Redcar. It's funny though Americans think I am Scottish !!!! Lol
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Yay! I was born in middlesbrough and then lived in
Redcar. It's funny though Americans think I am Scottish !!!! Lol
Another Boro lad to go with the rest of us Teesside lads and lasses on this site who manage to keep Teesside up there with the (ahem!) best: Welcome pet.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:14 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I think the only civilized way to transfer through Frankfurt is on Lufthansa First Class, where a Mercedes picks you up from the plane and whisks you to the exclusive First Class Terminal...

P.S. Never done this myself.....
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonrob
I think the only civilized way to transfer through Frankfurt is on Lufthansa First Class, where a Mercedes picks you up from the plane and whisks you to the exclusive First Class Terminal...

Yes, so long as the Benz isn't more than 18 months old and the colour co ordinates with my Louis Vuitton hand luggage.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Frankfurt - anyone transferred thro it?

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Another Boro lad to go with the rest of us Teesside lads and lasses on this site who manage to keep Teesside up there with the (ahem!) best: Welcome pet.
Hell yes!!! Texas is abit warmer than boro but i miss the accents
A lot. Here they don't talk properly haha !!! It's like sometimes I'm talking
A different language haha. But my iPhone is set up to British English. So no
Red Line when I spell things like colour haha. How long u been in the states?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hell yes!!! Texas is abit warmer than boro but i miss the accents
A lot. Here they don't talk properly haha !!! It's like sometimes I'm talking
A different language haha. But my iPhone is set up to British English. So no
Red Line when I spell things like colour haha. How long u been in the states?
Too bloody long.....12 years and counting. I guess you are very young? How do you like Texas? I have been to Dallas and drove up to Paris. Not quite my cup of tea
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Are you flying with one airline or transferring to another one at FRA?

I've had quite a lot of transfers through FRA, usually with Singapore Airlines from New York JFK to Singapore. It stops for refuelling and change of crew and PAX at Frankfurt and you re-board the same plane.

Even doing this has at times been a pain; sometimes the plane doesn't have a gate assigned and you have to get a bus to the terminal. At other times the plane has arrived at a gate but the passengers have to travel quite some distance through the terminal and on different levels and go through security again (with no signs on where to go....this was a major problem for some of the Chinese or other Asian passengers).
At some times I've been through FRA where the queues at security have been horrendously long and slow (with very bossy airport security staff to boot).

When my dad died I flew on Singapore Airlines from SIN to Birmingham airport via FRA. The Singapore Airlines flight departed an hour late and I missed my connection.....just as well as I was transferring to British Airways from the other terminal and you have to get a train. Fortunately they put me on a Lufthansa flight (the Star Alliance flights usually depart from the same terminals).

OTOH I've used the Senator lounge a few times at FRA and enjoyed a very nice shower which is most welcome when the total flight time has been 24 hours!
trasferring from United from Sanfran to British Midland to Manchester -im ticketed all the way thro tho on United ( Lufthansa must be a partner) --its going to be tight thats for sure!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I'll agree with others.. Frankfurt is dreadful. I've had connections there to & from Poland and Prague. For me, no jetways, i.e. bus from plane to terminal, signage completely unhelpful or absent, crowded, dirty toilets, and you have to go through security again. However, being Germany, the food options are superb and the coffee is top-notch, and staff as friendly & helpful as they can be in difficult circumstance..

ah shame I wont have time for coffee!! Lets hope I dont need the loo either
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Here's some info on transfer connections:

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...n-flights.html

and the airport terminal map:

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...minal_1_2.html

Hope this helps!
wow THANK YOU so MUCH!!!! really helps!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Yep im a boro lass - born Berwick Hills and lived in Ormesby!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tonrob

ah I can only dream....
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:24 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
ah I can only dream....
I hope to get in there one day - but it will be on an award booking for sure.

Lufthansa's a funny airline - their business class is almost universally berated for it's crappiness, but its first class is supposed to be one of the really good ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.