Reload this Page >

franchises in the US

franchises in the US

Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

PYRAMID is an unknown quantity at this point
Question franchises in the US

Hello everyone
My family and I have recently been thinking about buying a franchise of a large and growing company in the USA. I have filled out a questionaire and waiting to hear back. I have read on other EXPAT related sites that it is not a good time to invest in the US due to the poor economy at present. I was hoping that the mother company would be able to sponsor us as we would be buying into their business. Has anyone had similar experiences with buying a franchise or going through the motions?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: franchises in the US

so I'll change my reply from the 'subway' orientainted one

Originally posted by PYRAMID
Hello everyone
My family and I have recently been thinking about buying a franchise of a large and growing company in the USA.
You family or just you?

I have filled out a questionaire and waiting to hear back.
and what does that tell you?

I have read on other EXPAT related sites that it is not a good time to invest in the US due to the poor economy at present.
you just contradicted yourself -
Good luck finding a large and growing company then, when you find it, let me know I'll invest some money in it too.

I was hoping that the mother company would be able to sponsor us as we would be buying into their business.
yeah, because people are just nice like that
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

PYRAMID is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you must be bored if you have nothing better to write about.
So why are you still in the US if its that bad?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:10 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

who said it was bad?
it's marvellous.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:16 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Well you must be bored if you have nothing better to write about.
So why are you still in the US if its that bad?
There is a wealth of information out there on franchise in the US.
Just try a google search.
My friend has just moved here and initialy thought he would go along that route.
He made a few phone calls ect once he arrived in the US (Green card holder) and now he can't get them off of his back. !!! These parent companies will gladly help you part with your hard earned money. But I don't see them helping you with a visa.

Maybe there is someone in here that has achived it this way, but I don't know of anyone.

Good luck with your efforts though.