British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Fox Soccer Channel in HD on Comcast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fox-soccer-channel-hd-comcast-712114/)

franc111s Apr 4th 2011 9:48 pm

Fox Soccer Channel in HD on Comcast

Just joined this twitter about trying to show Comcast we need our football in HD.

Follow or tweet here please ; https://twitter.com/#!/FSC_HD_Comcast

Bob Apr 4th 2011 11:30 pm

Re: Fox Soccer Channel in HD on Comcast

You're going to probably need more than a 1000 followers, but good luck with it! :)

philbrown901 Apr 14th 2011 11:30 pm

It's available in HD on FIOS but not Comcast (in Greater Boston area), correct?

Got to decide between the two providers for our TV/Phone/Internet. Lots of conflicting reviews. Premier and Champions League coverage will be a big factor. Anyone have thoughts on the two providers?

Bob Apr 14th 2011 11:52 pm

If you can get FIOS, get it.

Comcast is crap...really crap in the burbs and the internet is rubbish in comparison.

philbrown901 Apr 15th 2011 12:05 am

Got Comcast in our short-term rental here in Newton, not impressed with the picture quality and menu navigation is poor (I think I will miss Sky TV a lot). Have checked and Verizon FIOS is available in the house we move into in Wellesley, I'm hoping its already set up for FIOS or I will probably make the switch anyway.

Opinion appreciated, ta!

Bob Apr 15th 2011 12:22 am

Originally Posted by philbrown901 (Post 9306049)
Got Comcast in our short-term rental here in Newton, not impressed with the picture quality and menu navigation is poor (I think I will miss Sky TV a lot). Have checked and Verizon FIOS is available in the house we move into in Wellesley, I'm hoping its already set up for FIOS or I will probably make the switch anyway.

Opinion appreciated, ta!

Next town over, and well, there, you'd get a lot of brown outs during the summer and the cable could get knocked out for a chunk of time on top in the middle of summer and the HD takes a digger during some big sporting events in that area.

On the plus side, you won't be far from the BBC pub in Framingham which shows a lot of Brit sports and also John Harvards is a great pub up the street...oh and going on a tangent, but Chinese restaurant, the Wok is owned by the chap who has the Lotus Blossom and the latter is awesome, and China Sky near the park/tennis courts is amazing, as is that bakery on the corner...the Brit tea shop place is a bit meh though.

Jerseygirl Apr 15th 2011 12:23 am

Originally Posted by philbrown901 (Post 9306049)

Opinion appreciated, ta!

We moved from Comcast to Verizon FIOS about 6 months ago. Phone line/internet and TV incl DVR and all premium channels costs about the same as Comcast TV with only HBO...no contract either. Previously the phone and internet were extra...so we made a killing moving to FIOS. FIOS are offering some great deals and is brilliant for downloading...a one hour TV program only takes a couple of minutes.

paulinespens Apr 15th 2011 12:58 pm

I am with Directv I get FSC and FSC+ in HD.

jon_nyc Apr 18th 2011 12:46 am

Verizon FioS finally got FSC in HD last week in some markets, still waiting here in NYC - supposed to be here by the end of the week. Hope BBCA HD is on their agenda too.

Ridski Apr 18th 2011 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by jon_nyc (Post 9310806)
Verizon FioS finally got FSC in HD last week in some markets, still waiting here in NYC - supposed to be here by the end of the week. Hope BBCA HD is on their agenda too.

Not only has it arrived here in north central NJ on FIOS (FSC, that is), but they've placed it within all the other single-sport related channels, which I think will actually help bring it more prominence as a sport within the US. No more having to search for it up in the 1500's!

Noticed last night Universal Sports channel showing a program called "Rugby". No info on who was playing or where... And it made it me laugh.

BBCA in HD would be great, but until they get better prime time programming, I can hold my breath.

paulinespens Apr 18th 2011 4:12 pm

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

99% of BBC America programming sucks

Brucky Apr 18th 2011 4:59 pm

I'd settle for having Fox Soccer Plus on Comcast. :(

Newcastle seems to be shown more on Plus :(

Ridski Apr 18th 2011 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by paulinespens (Post 9312053)
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

99% of BBC America programming sucks

There are times when I wonder if BBC America is just a multi-disc DVD player with Gordon Ramsey, Top Gear, Doctor Who, X Files and Star Trek: TNG in it set to Random Play.

jon_nyc Apr 20th 2011 3:35 am

Yeah, would like better programming to go with BBCA-HD. Why on earth do they show so much ST:TNG?

jon_nyc Apr 20th 2011 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Ridski (Post 9312045)
Not only has it arrived here in north central NJ on FIOS (FSC, that is), but they've placed it within all the other single-sport related channels, which I think will actually help bring it more prominence as a sport within the US. No more having to search for it up in the 1500's!

Noticed last night Universal Sports channel showing a program called "Rugby". No info on who was playing or where... And it made it me laugh.

Jersey got FSC-HD first, we in NYC seem to be last. FSC+ shows a lot of rugby, but not internationals which is mainly what I would be interested in.

FSC is 84 here, also somewhere in the 1500s. Supposed to be 584 on HD