British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Fox News missing the point? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/fox-news-missing-point-317948/)

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 9:18 pm

Fox News missing the point?

I bought a pair of MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) trainers just over a year ago. They were launched in the UK as a shoe that enabled the muscles, joints and spine to function in an anatomically correct manner ... thus, I paid the hefty price tag in the hope of easing my back problems.

Fox News ran a report on them ... are they worth the $250 price tag? But all they talked about was whether they really did get rid of cellulite or not ... not one mention was made of the possible benefits these shoes can give to those who have back and joint problems. Crap reporting or what? :confused:

cindyabs Aug 3rd 2005 9:20 pm

Re: Fox News missing the point?

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
I bought a pair of MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) trainers just over a year ago. They were launched in the UK as a shoe that enabled the muscles, joints and spine to function in an anatomically correct manner ... thus, I paid the hefty price tag in the hope of easing my back problems.

Fox News ran a report on them ... are they worth the $250 price tag? But all they talked about was whether they really did get rid of cellulite or not ... not one mention was made of the possible benefits these shoes can give to those who have back and joint problems. Crap reporting or what? :confused:

New Balance are supposed to be good-they started out as an orthopedic shoe company years ago.

tony126 Aug 3rd 2005 9:20 pm

Typical media reporting in my book whether it is Fox News or anybody else.

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by tony126
Typical media reporting in my book whether it is Fox News or anybody else.

And Fox News thinks it's really newsworthy to report on a shoe that might help get rid of cellulite? :rolleyes:

Shame really, because my MBT's have really helped my back problems ... but anyone who watches Fox News will think they are nothing more than a pair of shoes that might help shift a bit of cellulite.

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs
New Balance are supposed to be good-they started out as an orthopedic shoe company years ago.

I haven't heard of New Balance but will check them out .. although, I will be staying loyal to my MBT's for as long as they last out as they cost me 125 GBP! :eek:

Ray Aug 3rd 2005 9:32 pm

1 Attachment(s)

I haven't heard of New Balance but will check them out .. although, I will be staying loyal to my MBT's for as long as they last out as they cost me 125 GBP! :eek:

You will be looking and jumping like this in weeks ...

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
You will be looking and jumping like this in weeks ...

I've been wearing them for over a year ... and I still don't look like that!

Ray Aug 3rd 2005 9:38 pm

I've been wearing them for over a year ... and I still don't look like that!

You got fakes then ....wear more red.....

BritGuyTN Aug 3rd 2005 10:52 pm

are you kidding GR? :) it seems that most people I know over in TN have NB

my wife now prefers AD-E-DAS! :D

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs

I've looked at the New Balance website, but I can only find ordinary trainers? I can't find anything similar to the MBT trainers ... or anything relating to how they help back and joint problems? :confused:

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
are you kidding GR? :) it seems that most people I know over in TN have NB

my wife now prefers AD-E-DAS! :D

Nope, not kidding ... and 'Ad-e-das' trainers don't compare to MBT's! It's the Masai barefoot technologly that makes the difference with MBT's ... in style and price tag! :)

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
You got fakes then ....wear more red.....

Red isn't my colour ... besides, they only sell the shoes, not the clothes or the accessories!

NC Penguin Aug 3rd 2005 11:37 pm

Forget what Fox News reported about the trainers. Do these trainers help with the back pain (at all)?

NC Penguin

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Forget what Fox News reported about the trainers. Do these trainers help with the back pain (at all)?
NC Penguin

I've had lower back pain for years and yes, they have helped. I'm not free of pain but the pain I now have is not as bad. I have no idea if they could have helped more because I don't wear them all the time. Wearing them takes a bit of getting used to, but they really do force you to walk and stand correctly. :)

Guelder Rose Aug 3rd 2005 11:50 pm

I've had lower back pain for years and yes, they have helped. I'm not free of pain but the pain I now have is not as bad. I have no idea if they could have helped more because I don't wear them all the time. Wearing them takes a bit of getting used to, but they really do force you to walk and stand correctly. :)

I think they work simply because all you have to do is wear them ... it's not like you have to set aside time in each day to exercise, which I'm hopeless at.

http://www.mbt-uk.com/