Fox Football Friday

Wikiposts

Fox Football Friday

Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fox Football Friday

Originally Posted by rushman
You should do. The tune itself is a BRITISH tune. Actually a London drinking song called "Ode to Anacreon" as I recall. Just something else the yanks nicked.

hiya rushman... that's interesting..didn't know..lol you're right that must be why i like it so ..hehe, tks....i googled and this is what i found ........

The Music of Early America
The Star-Spangled Banner

The original song: “To Anacreon in Heaven.”
The “Star-Spangled Banner”

The Star-Spangled Banner has its genesis as an English-American hybrid.

The music as we know it today is English in origin. Ralph Tomlinson, president of the Anacreontic Society, a London social club, wrote a poem in 1770 called “To Anacreon in Heaven.” A year later John Stafford Smith, an organist and composer set the poem to music.

Forty-three years later Francis Scott Key, a poet-lawyer, witnessed the valiant defense of Fort McHenry by American forces during The Battle of Baltimore. One thousand dedicated Americans stopped the British advance on Baltimore, and on September 13, 1814 when he saw the American flag flying over Fort McHenry “by the dawn’s early light,” Francis Scott Key changed the words of the original tune from England, replacing them with his own. He named it The Star-Spangled Banner.

In 1931 the Congress of the United States enacted legislation that made the song this country’s official national anthem.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:10 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf has happened to my fox football friday thread
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Wtf has happened to my fox football friday thread

sorry we got bored with it...you'd disappeared
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:07 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
sorry we got bored with it...you'd disappeared
You and AWP seemed to be up very early this morning
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
You and AWP seemed to be up very early this morning

morning or afternoon..lol perhaps you'd like to rephrase that...