Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Found Brit food in Long Island / NY

Found Brit food in Long Island / NY

Old Feb 1st 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Found Brit food in Long Island / NY

Just dragging this thread up and I'm happy to say I return to LI this weekend!

I lived there for three years in a rental apartment when I first moved to the US. Then we bought a condo in NJ and now we're buying a house on LI. yay!

I cannot wait to get back to LI, I MUCH prefer it to NJ.

Somehow we never warmed to NJ and it never really felt like home.

We're moving this weekend and hope to close on our sale and purchase in the next two weeks.

I used to go to Fairway from time to time too - can't wait to go back!
Old Feb 1st 2007, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back!

Been here nearly a year now.. stop and shop are sorting me out if I got nostalgic now
Old Feb 1st 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Welcome back!

Been here nearly a year now.. stop and shop are sorting me out if I got nostalgic now
Great!

Are you still in New Hyde Park? How do you like it?

Last edited by britchicknyc; Feb 1st 2007 at 3:26 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Yep still there.. it's pretty cool. We're not gonna stay there long term though, we're saving a rather large deposit to go either out on the island (Manorville>Baiting Hollow) or would even consider CT if I can hop on a train to the city.

We don't wanna see any neighbours and need more trees

Sounds like you're gonna be local?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Yep still there.. it's pretty cool. We're not gonna stay there long term though, we're saving a rather large deposit to go either out on the island (Manorville>Baiting Hollow) or would even consider CT if I can hop on a train to the city.

We don't wanna see any neighbours and need more trees

Sounds like you're gonna be local?
I have some friends in Manorville - it is great out there. House prices are rising fast though - so the sooner the better!

I think there is some rule about all houses must be at least on one acre plots - which is nice.

Not entirely sure about the schoold though - I think there ok. Not sure if that would be a concern for you though.

We're moving to Huntington. Bit strange as the house in in Huntington though - its on the edge of so many. Dix Hills is across the street. V. near to East Northport, South Huntington, Greenlawn etc.. I know the schools here are excellent, which eventually will be great. We have a 7 month old little girl.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

We've really gotta go and spend some time looking around and find a location that suits us.. butt hat's the area anyway.. and yeh we want an acre or two too

Schools aren't a concern for us *yet* so we're pretty much free to go anywhere

Huntington is pretty cool, some nice places there. Dix hills = very lardy da
Congrats on your daughter!