Fort Worth

Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Speyside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fort Worth

Hello,

I need advice please..... We are currently living in Australia but can not settle at all... (1.) Too far away from the UK ( 2.) Wages not good, just about make ends meet

We may have an opportunity to move the Fort Worth Xmas time this year... Partner could earn around $75.00 per hour...... Can anyone please advice on the cost of living. rental accommodation, Fort Worth... etc

Any Info... Pros and Cons......

All i know is that Oz is too far from UK, Miss friends and Family too much.. Not ready to return home just yet but just to be able to afford too is a bonus...

Thanks
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fort Worth

:scared: :scared:
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:12 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Speyside
Fort Worth
I thought you were going to tell us that this is where the first US Tesco will be....but you didn't.

Sorry, can't help
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
I thought you were going to tell us that this is where the first US Tesco will be....but you didn't.

Sorry, can't help
ohh what was that about tescos
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:14 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I need advice please..... We are currently living in Australia but can not settle at all... (1.) Too far away from the UK ( 2.) Wages not good, just about make ends meet

We may have an opportunity to move the Fort Worth Xmas time this year... Partner could earn around $75.00 per hour...... Can anyone please advice on the cost of living. rental accommodation, Fort Worth... etc

All i know is that Oz is too far from UK, Miss friends and Family too much.. Not ready to return home just yet but just to be able to afford too is a bonus...

Thanks
Short answer...
You will be earning more, but still far away from the UK - it really is that simple.
What's the real issue for you in Oz, the cash or the distance from the UK ??
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I presume your meaning Texas and not Maine? Cos if you mean maine, it is more than the armpit of hell, it's his frozen nutsack.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Short answer...
You will be earning more, but still far away from the UK - it really is that simple.
Not to mention the joys of actually sorting out the visa for self and family, really depends if it is a company transfer or not...
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz

Sorry, can't help
there was a similar thread a few weeks back...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352371

Is it me, or are we all getting a bit repetitive in our old age
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks
See the thread that Paul just posted - its great - but your friends wont be here either - and its still 9 hours back to blighty!!

Dont let Trubrit put you off either - she's just miserable
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Big D
Dont let Trubrit put you off either - she's just miserable

lol no i'm not look at my avatar..
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Lets be Frank!!! anywhere is better than living with the Dingo people...
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Speyside is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Short answer...
Hi, Its the distance...... 9 hours is nothing.... we've got a house in Tobago and USED to go there for a weeks holiday at a time...Also Tobago is more accessable.....The Cost to go back from here is approx $ 1700.00 Ozzie dollars... will take a year to save up for a holiday... exchange rate isn't that good either.....

Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Lets be Frank!!! anywhere is better than living with the Dingo people...

Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:43 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Its the distance...... 9 hours is nothing.... we've got a house in Tobago and USED to go there for a weeks holiday at a time...Also Tobago is more accessable.....The Cost to go back from here is approx $ 1700.00 Ozzie dollars... will take a year to save up for a holiday... exchange rate isn't that good either.....

Trust me - there ain't much difference between 9 hours and 17 hours - you still won't be making the trip every week.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

.... we've got a house in Tobago .....

ohhh can we come and stay...we'll be good honest...no spitting on the floor with us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.