British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   formula one (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/formula-one-435326/)

rk164 Mar 17th 2007 5:38 pm

formula one

I wanted to know, how have others been following F1 races from outside of the UK. Are there any websites which broadcast the races?

Back in the UK I used to watch it on ITV...............

Thanks in advance

rk164

Duncan Roberts Mar 17th 2007 5:59 pm

Re: formula one

Speed channel

Australian Grand Prix
Sat, Mar 17 10:30PM (LIVE)
Australian Grand Prix
Sun, Mar 18 10:00PM
Malaysia
Sat, Apr 7 2:30AM (LIVE)
Malaysia
Sun, Apr 8 3:30PM
Bahrain
Sun, Apr 15 7:00AM (LIVE)
Bahrain
Sun, Apr 15 10:00PM
Spanish Grand Prix
Sun, May 13 7:30AM (LIVE)
Monaco Grand Prix
Sun, May 27 7:30AM (LIVE)
Canadian Grand Prix
Wed, Jun 13 12:00PM
United States Grand Prix
Wed, Jun 20 12:00PM
French Grand Prix
Tue, Jul 3 12:00PM
British Grand Prix
Wed, Jul 11 12:00PM
European Grand Prix
Sun, Jul 22 7:30AM (LIVE)
Hungarian Grand Prix
Sun, Aug 5 7:30AM (LIVE)
Turkish Grand Prix
Sun, Aug 26 7:30AM (LIVE)
Italian Grand Prix
Sun, Sep 9 7:30AM (LIVE)
Grand Prix of Belgium
Sun, Sep 16 7:30AM (LIVE)
Japanese Grand Prix
Sat, Sep 29 12:00AM (LIVE)
Grand Prix of China
Sat, Oct 6 2:00AM (LIVE)
Brazilian Grand Prix
Sun, Oct 21 1:00PM (SDD)

They also show the qualifying too, check the website out. Speedtv.com, also, check out Pinks. Great show!

rk164 Mar 17th 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks Duncan

penguinsix Mar 17th 2007 9:20 pm

Speed Channel will give you a full F1 fix. The BBC 5 has it online sometimes, but you'll need to get a proxy server in the UK to catch the coverage.

Expect some early mornings though--most races start pretty early US time, though they do show a replay later in the afternoon (if you can stay offline and not find out the results beforehand).

Texas Mom Mar 18th 2007 3:21 am

Hubby is watching it now that's why I'm on here!
He's happy as a pig in muck, F1 and a case of beer.
If it's not cars it's anything with a ball, sometimes I think I have shacked up with a teenager! :unsure:

Paul S Mar 18th 2007 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Texas Mom (Post 4529784)
If it's not cars it's anything with a ball, sometimes I think I have shacked up with a teenager! :unsure:

nuffin wrong with that:p :p

we had friends round til just after midnight so watched it late. F1 and wine at 2am is a good combo:thumbsup: , mind you waking up at 7am isn't:curse:

DaveC Mar 18th 2007 1:04 pm

I was suprised last night by how short the race was. I'd been watching a bit of the 12 hours in Sebring on Speed which finished prior to the Grand Prix. Anyway, watched a bit of the pre-race show before the Mrs DaveC and I watched a DVD. The movie ended and I switched over to see the celebratory lap.

I haven't seen an F1 race for a while and I guess I'm used to watching NASCAR races which seem to go on all day. At first I thought the Speed program was highlights of the race but according to the BBC web Raikkonen won in 1hr 25.

Was it a shorter race than normal? Or am I just out of touch?;)

penguinsix Mar 18th 2007 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Texas Mom (Post 4529784)

You know, the US Grand Prix in Indianapolis is not a tough ticket to get if you want to give him a treat. SouthWest Airlines flies to Indy pretty cheap from most places in the US.

Deedee13 Mar 18th 2007 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by penguinsix (Post 4530611)
You know, the US Grand Prix in Indianapolis is not a tough ticket to get if you want to give him a treat. SouthWest Airlines flies to Indy pretty cheap from most places in the US.

Indianapolis, isnt that the track that only a few race on, the rest watch? hehehe.

Paul S Mar 18th 2007 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4530656)
Indianapolis, isnt that the track that only a few race on, the rest watch? hehehe.

yeah theres a limit, only 6 cars at any 1 time:p

If anyones thinking about going let me know as we are considering a trip there this year for the F1 race. We can have a mini meetup:blink:

texas_ranger Mar 18th 2007 5:28 pm

Take note Texas Mom! :)

I'll even non-rev it to save being herded into a Southwest flight!
And since it would require a stop in MCI on Southwest due to the lovely Wright Amendment.

Oh, and make sure it's tickets in the penthouse!

Cheers,
C

Texas Mom Mar 18th 2007 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by texas_ranger (Post 4531337)
Take note Texas Mom! :)

I'll even non-rev it to save being herded into a Southwest flight!
And since it would require a stop in MCI on Southwest due to the lovely Wright Amendment.

Oh, and make sure it's tickets in the penthouse!

Cheers,
C

Is that not the weekend that you'll be busy getting the nursery ready for our new arrival???? :p

Bob Mar 18th 2007 10:09 pm

torrents aren't bad if you can't be arsed to stump for speed channel and don't want to worry about the time diff..

Rushman Mar 19th 2007 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 4530897)
yeah theres a limit, only 6 cars at any 1 time:p

If anyones thinking about going let me know as we are considering a trip there this year for the F1 race. We can have a mini meetup:blink:

Im hoping to be at Watkins Glen for the Nascar race this year (its a circuit and the only one worth watching) and will almost definately be up at Montreal for the grand prix..(expect Pat Hasler will try to be there too)

AdobePinon Mar 19th 2007 4:25 am

Should be really cheap after last year's balls up. Surprised they're even trying again.