Reload this Page >

Ford Expat loans/lease plans

Ford Expat loans/lease plans

Old Oct 27th 2017, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

BarneyJing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ford Expat loans/lease plans

Hi - hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

I've read several posts about European car manufacturers having finance schemes for expats (e.g. BMW, Audi, VW) plus that Mazda offer one too.

I'm sure I have read somewhere that Ford also offer a scheme (I quite like the Ford Explorer). However, I cannot find any details of a Ford scheme online

Can anybody help? (or have I imagined it?)

Thanks.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

RollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ford Expat loans/lease plans

Originally Posted by BarneyJing
Hi - hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

I've read several posts about European car manufacturers having finance schemes for expats (e.g. BMW, Audi, VW) plus that Mazda offer one too.

I'm sure I have read somewhere that Ford also offer a scheme (I quite like the Ford Explorer). However, I cannot find any details of a Ford scheme online

Can anybody help? (or have I imagined it?)

Thanks.
Oooh lots of Ford Explorer fans here. That said, I think there are generally. I equate it to the popularity of the Focus at home.
I was persuaded to go for an Explorer essentially with advise given here... errr is Pulaski around anywhere??
We're expecting delivery next week. Haven't driven one yet though.

IAS suggested looking at the new VW Atlas too but it worked out more a more expensive option, the deposit was too much for us, and it was only released onto the market this year. The Explorer seemed the safer bet.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 6:43 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe some Ford dealerships have similar programs, but i don't think it's one offered at every Ford dealership from the research i did when i first got my motor here.

You can always source a Ford through IAS or ExpatRide, but you may pay a little more. Definitely shop around and play them off against each other in price if you can.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

We recently got both an explorer and an escape through IAS and really happy with both. Drives nicely and seems to have lots of useful features.
We contacted a couple of dealerships that were local to where we were moving and got quotes from them as well as all the ones we spoke to offered an expat deal. The quotes were lower from Ford directly and IAS matched them. We had an excellent experience with IAS and as said really happy with the cars.
Old Oct 29th 2017, 1:30 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

My local ford dealer will immediately point you to IAS if you walk in and ask about expat/foreign business schemes. Not sure if this is everywhere and I have to say that they are a particular sleazy dealership
Old Oct 29th 2017, 3:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RollingStones
... I was persuaded to go for an Explorer essentially with advise given here... errr is Pulaski around anywhere?? ....
Indeed, I am a big fan of Fords. I have two and have had great experiences with both. Personally I am just disappointed that Ford has more or less eliminated manual transmissions from their US offerings.
Old Oct 29th 2017, 3:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
My local ford dealer will immediately point you to IAS if you walk in and ask about expat/foreign business schemes. Not sure if this is everywhere and I have to say that they are a particular sleazy dealership
It appears to be a joint venture or referral arrangement that Ford has with International Autosource.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It appears to be a joint venture or referral arrangement that Ford has with International Autosource.
That is strange as we got different quotes from different Ford dealers and were able to use them to get the original IAS quote down considerably.
Also IAS are supposed to only deal with you when you are out of the country whereas the Ford dealerships would prefer to deal with you on arrival.
That said IAS do source a lot of Fords very easily and competitively it seemed.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jaag is an unknown quantity at this point

I purchased a used Infiniti on finance and got a lease on an F150 when I arrived, both dealers were fine with a employers letter stating salary.

It might have been easier because I'm in a city with a high foreign staff and student population, but it shouldn't pose any more of a problem than a phone call from your dealer to Ford/Nissan Finance.

If you know anybody that works at Ford, or your company has corporate perks scheme, then you can get X-Plan pricing.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jaag
I purchased a used Infiniti on finance and got a lease on an F150 when I arrived, both dealers were fine with a employers letter stating salary.

It might have been easier because I'm in a city with a high foreign staff and student population, but it shouldn't pose any more of a problem than a phone call from your dealer to Ford/Nissan Finance.

If you know anybody that works at Ford, or your company has corporate perks scheme, then you can get X-Plan pricing.

Thanks for this - can you clarify what you mean by X-Plan pricing?
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by BarneyJing
.... can you clarify what you mean by X-Plan pricing?
LMGTFY
Old Oct 30th 2017, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks