British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Ford Expat loans/lease plans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ford-expat-loans-lease-plans-905169/)

BarneyJing Oct 27th 2017 6:26 pm

Ford Expat loans/lease plans

Hi - hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

I've read several posts about European car manufacturers having finance schemes for expats (e.g. BMW, Audi, VW) plus that Mazda offer one too.

I'm sure I have read somewhere that Ford also offer a scheme (I quite like the Ford Explorer). However, I cannot find any details of a Ford scheme online

Can anybody help? (or have I imagined it?)

Thanks.

RollingStones Oct 27th 2017 6:33 pm

Re: Ford Expat loans/lease plans

Originally Posted by BarneyJing (Post 12369800)
Hi - hoping someone can point me in the right direction:

I've read several posts about European car manufacturers having finance schemes for expats (e.g. BMW, Audi, VW) plus that Mazda offer one too.

I'm sure I have read somewhere that Ford also offer a scheme (I quite like the Ford Explorer). However, I cannot find any details of a Ford scheme online

Can anybody help? (or have I imagined it?)

Thanks.

Oooh lots of Ford Explorer fans here. That said, I think there are generally. I equate it to the popularity of the Focus at home.
I was persuaded to go for an Explorer essentially with advise given here... errr is Pulaski around anywhere??
We're expecting delivery next week. Haven't driven one yet though.

IAS suggested looking at the new VW Atlas too but it worked out more a more expensive option, the deposit was too much for us, and it was only released onto the market this year. The Explorer seemed the safer bet.

Jack8602 Oct 27th 2017 6:43 pm

I believe some Ford dealerships have similar programs, but i don't think it's one offered at every Ford dealership from the research i did when i first got my motor here.

You can always source a Ford through IAS or ExpatRide, but you may pay a little more. Definitely shop around and play them off against each other in price if you can.

Ecto17 Oct 28th 2017 11:53 pm

We recently got both an explorer and an escape through IAS and really happy with both. Drives nicely and seems to have lots of useful features.
We contacted a couple of dealerships that were local to where we were moving and got quotes from them as well as all the ones we spoke to offered an expat deal. The quotes were lower from Ford directly and IAS matched them. We had an excellent experience with IAS and as said really happy with the cars.

petitefrancaise Oct 29th 2017 1:30 am

My local ford dealer will immediately point you to IAS if you walk in and ask about expat/foreign business schemes. Not sure if this is everywhere and I have to say that they are a particular sleazy dealership

Pulaski Oct 29th 2017 3:23 am

Originally Posted by RollingStones (Post 12369806)
... I was persuaded to go for an Explorer essentially with advise given here... errr is Pulaski around anywhere?? ....

:wave: Indeed, I am a big fan of Fords. I have two and have had great experiences with both. Personally I am just disappointed that Ford has more or less eliminated manual transmissions from their US offerings. :(

Pulaski Oct 29th 2017 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12370356)
My local ford dealer will immediately point you to IAS if you walk in and ask about expat/foreign business schemes. Not sure if this is everywhere and I have to say that they are a particular sleazy dealership

It appears to be a joint venture or referral arrangement that Ford has with International Autosource.

Ecto17 Oct 30th 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12370552)
It appears to be a joint venture or referral arrangement that Ford has with International Autosource.

That is strange as we got different quotes from different Ford dealers and were able to use them to get the original IAS quote down considerably.
Also IAS are supposed to only deal with you when you are out of the country whereas the Ford dealerships would prefer to deal with you on arrival.
That said IAS do source a lot of Fords very easily and competitively it seemed.

Jaag Oct 30th 2017 3:34 pm

I purchased a used Infiniti on finance and got a lease on an F150 when I arrived, both dealers were fine with a employers letter stating salary.

It might have been easier because I'm in a city with a high foreign staff and student population, but it shouldn't pose any more of a problem than a phone call from your dealer to Ford/Nissan Finance.

If you know anybody that works at Ford, or your company has corporate perks scheme, then you can get X-Plan pricing.

BarneyJing Oct 30th 2017 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jaag (Post 12371093)
I purchased a used Infiniti on finance and got a lease on an F150 when I arrived, both dealers were fine with a employers letter stating salary.

It might have been easier because I'm in a city with a high foreign staff and student population, but it shouldn't pose any more of a problem than a phone call from your dealer to Ford/Nissan Finance.

If you know anybody that works at Ford, or your company has corporate perks scheme, then you can get X-Plan pricing.

Thanks for this - can you clarify what you mean by X-Plan pricing?

Pulaski Oct 30th 2017 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by BarneyJing (Post 12371141)
.... can you clarify what you mean by X-Plan pricing?

LMGTFY :)

BarneyJing Oct 30th 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks