Reload this Page >

Football Tickets

Wikiposts

Football Tickets

Old Jan 5th 2017, 7:32 am
Just Joined

RandomlySet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football Tickets

And by Football, yes I mean "American Football".

Where is the best place to get tickets from?

It's a long way off yet, but we're coming over to the States in 2018 for our wedding, and as long as there's a game on whilst we're there, I want to go. We're over for a month, and basically getting married in Vegas, driving to Dallas and then flying to NYC. So the real chances of catching a game are if either the Cowboys or one of the NY teams are at home.

Anyway, I have browsed the Cowboy's website to get an idea of pricing, and it looks like they start just shy of $300. I've sent a cheeky email asking if they'd do us a "wedding discount" (don't get if you don't ask ) They said no and advised the majority of tickets are actually sold as season tickets, but gave me a link to a page of their website.

Now this is the bit that confuses me:
2016 Single-Game Tickets | Dallas Cowboys
"Single Game Tickets Starting At $29"!!!!!

Is it a case of me checking each of the teams that I may be able to catch a game at nearer the time to see if they have any deals on? Or are there any reliable websites that season ticket holders may sell on their unwanted tickets from?

Thanks in advance

Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football Tickets

Unwanted tickets can be sold through stubhub.com or ticketmaster.com - there may be others, but those two are well known.

The availability of tickets is going to be inversely proportional to the success the team is having that season - in other words, if you're in the US mid-late season and, say, the Dallas Cowboys are having a rough season, then it might be relatively easy to get tickets to see them, but if they're lining up a run for the Super Bowl, then forget about it!

Also bear in mind ticket sales are also driven by the popularity of the opposing team - so even a struggling Dallas Cowboys team will get more ticket sales when, say, the Steelers are in town, as opposed to say, the Panthers.

In short, you're going to have to wing it and hope you can find tickets at fairly short notice.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:24 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

The NFL has an official ticket exchange:

NFL Tickets | Official NFL Ticket Exchange
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
The NFL has an official ticket exchange:

NFL Tickets | Official NFL Ticket Exchange
Used this before for the Carolina Panthers. Very easy, trust worthy as it's official, and you just print the ticket and take it with you.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys...

Cowboys and NY Giants both direct you to ticketmaster. Wasn't sure if the NFL had a website for such things. Thanks for the link.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Immediately looking on the NFL Exchange website I can see tickets starting at $129. Currently on my mobile, so not looked further into it. Definitely going to be saving that website to my favourites.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RandomlySet
Immediately looking on the NFL Exchange website I can see tickets starting at $129. Currently on my mobile, so not looked further into it. Definitely going to be saving that website to my favourites.

Thanks again.
Yeah, I remember them as being reasonably priced. It's mostly season ticket holders that can't make the odd game.

There is a huge emphasis here to sell out games, even if there isn't a physical bum on the seat. If the NFL team fails to sell out then it won't be broadcast on regional TV.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure this is controversial or not... but I bl*&dy hope they make quick about the Jacksonville Jaguar's 'potential' move to London. Then, I will pay through the roof if they manage to participate in the same conference as the Patriots.

p.s. Apart from second hand official websites, how do you get a regular ticket straight from the team? Season ticket only sort of deal?
Old Jan 5th 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas and the NY teams are traditionally popular and will probably sell out well in advance - start early to secure a ticket, don't wait until a few weeks before the game. The schedules won't be set for 2018 until very late this year or early 2018 - so it is too early to be looking for 2018 tickets.

Driving from Las Vegas to Dallas, Phoenix isn't too much of a detour and if you can plan your drive so you are there on a Sunday, historically the Cardinals have had much more trouble selling tickets than the Cowboys, Giants or Jets.

Just be mindful the price of a ticket is not all-inclusive and the cost is extortionate for things like parking, food and drink.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - I hadn't been to a game in a while so checked ticket prices. The Dolphins charged $215 for their cheapest ticket this year, plus $25 to park (no public transport to the stadium). This for a team that has only been to the playoffs twice in 15 years!
Old Jan 5th 2017, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Wow - I hadn't been to a game in a while so checked ticket prices. The Dolphins charged $215 for their cheapest ticket this year, plus $25 to park (no public transport to the stadium). This for a team that has only been to the playoffs twice in 15 years!
Although, to be fair, this year was one of the two in 15 (assuming you counted this year, I did not want to trawl through NFL records)
Old Jan 5th 2017, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys tickets are never gonna be cheap. Even when they came to Levi this year, the tickets were pricey, and 9ers tickets are dirt cheap this season, unsurprisingly.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Stubhub is my choice, good for NFL and NHL tickets.

I Got Rams v 49ers for $40, can't think why they were so cheap!!............
Old Jan 6th 2017, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

H Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond reputeH Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

We also got married in Vegas and now live in NYC with season tickets for the Jets.

I wouldn't use the NFL ticket exchange - from what I have seen they don't let you resell tickets for less than face value so you won't get a bargain.

I use stubhub for everything and never had an issue so that is what I would suggest.
And if Jets are as bad as they were this year you will probably be able to get a ticket for them for $5!

When in Vegas make sure you check out the new NHL team Las Vegas Golden Knights (assuming you are there during the NHL season).