Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Football (Soccer) Teams in the North NJ Area??

Football (Soccer) Teams in the North NJ Area??

Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:45 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Football (Soccer) Teams in the North NJ Area??

Does anyone know of any football (soccer) teams in the north new jersey area? Im struggling to find any senior teams. They all seem to be for kids?
Old Sep 8th 2003, 2:16 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I just joined the Hoboken adult soccer league. Might not be too close to you, and the deadline for joining is tomorrow (Monday 9/8, although I suspect they might not be massively strict about it) but check out the following:

http://hobokenadultsoccer.tripod.com/

If you can get into New York City easily there's also the NY cosmopolitan soccer league.

http://www.newyorksoccer.com/
Old Sep 8th 2003, 3:27 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by elfman
I just joined the Hoboken adult soccer league. Might not be too close to you, and the deadline for joining is tomorrow (Monday 9/8, although I suspect they might not be massively strict about it) but check out the following:

http://hobokenadultsoccer.tripod.com/

If you can get into New York City easily there's also the NY cosmopolitan soccer league.

http://www.newyorksoccer.com/

Thanks will check them out,

How serious are these leagues? Havent played for a while...
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

s a serious point, how many USC males play football ? I would have thought that it owuld be mostly the immigrant communities that had the cultural background in football ?
Old Sep 8th 2003, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

hhmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Football (Soccer) Teams in the North NJ Area??

Originally posted by mattbutt
Does anyone know of any football (soccer) teams in the north new jersey area? Im struggling to find any senior teams. They all seem to be for kids?
Hi

I play for New Providence over 40 and over 30 teams. There are lots of other teams in and around our area, and they are not filled with Latino's. We play in a Sunday morning league (over 40) and Tuesday Nights (over 30) plus a pick up game on Sat afternoon. The leagues I play in are filled mostly with American's (ex college players) with quite a few Brits and other Euro's with the odd Latin guy here and there. The standard is not bad for the age groups. It seems that most of the towns around me have mens teams (Summit, Millburn, Berkley Heights etc)

If you need any more info, let me know
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:40 pm
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I play for Pan-America Sporting - we play year round in various competitions. About half of the team are English soccer coaches (like me), too old but enjoying the game. It's not a great standard, but probably the best in the State.

PM me if you want more info.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:42 pm
Only the Strong Survive

JerseyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Based out of Westfield btw.