British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   football on cable (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/football-cable-213662/)

bujuburge Feb 28th 2004 9:52 pm

football on cable

Hiya

I've a question that will hopefully be simple for someone. Having just moved into a new house the wife is keen to get cable (something about wanting to watch "the Apprentice").
My only desire is to get football from the U.K. Seeing as I'm fresh off the boat, could someone tell me which channels screen live Premiership and FA Cup games?

Thanks in advance

Manc Feb 29th 2004 12:45 am

**** cable mate.

Get a satelitte dish, pay $10 a month extra for the Fox sports pack.
with it comes all manner of irrelevant sports channels, and the one you need. Fox sports world. With this you're good to go.

Cable is for pussies, you need a Jodrell Bank thing strapped to your house like a real man.

DaveC Feb 29th 2004 12:45 am

Re: football on cable

Originally posted by bujuburge
Hiya

I've a question that will hopefully be simple for someone. Having just moved into a new house the wife is keen to get cable (something about wanting to watch "the Apprentice").
My only desire is to get football from the U.K. Seeing as I'm fresh off the boat, could someone tell me which channels screen live Premiership and FA Cup games?

Thanks in advance
You should be able to get Fox Sports World through your cable company. FSW usually show the Saturday lunchtime English Premier League game live and have delayed transmission of some of the weekend's other matches. They show the odd FA Cup game live too.

Here's their website:
http://www.foxsportsworld.com/named/FSW/Index/Soccer

I believe that the PPV stuff is only available on satellite.

They show Sky Sports news every day and have a weekly 1hr EPL review show. Their nightly Report show is usually worth watching.

Manc Feb 29th 2004 12:46 am

Like what Dave said, but I am more 'to the point'

DaveC Feb 29th 2004 3:04 am

Originally posted by manc1976
Like what Dave said, but I am more 'to the point'
Sheesh, the OP waits 2 hours 53 minutes for a reply to his post and then 2 come along at once!

waxwabbit Feb 29th 2004 2:19 pm

here in daytona ive got cable and i watch fox sports on it for 52 bucks a month with the usual 200 plus channels

the footy coverage isnt too bad actually

Pimpbot Feb 29th 2004 2:37 pm

I get all the fox sports channels on our digital cable package. The only reason I'd switch over to the dish, is to get NFL season ticket. I can get the season pass for all the other damn sports, just not the NFL:mad:

snorkmaiden Feb 29th 2004 3:21 pm

We get it on our digital cable package and we do get the PPV stuff too.

Ptarmigan Feb 29th 2004 3:53 pm

Fox Sports World is indeed the way to go for football. If your cable company has InDemand pay per view you will also be able to get Premiership live games on that too.

Don't go with satellite, cable is by far the better option, most cable companies have bundled packages where you can get High Speed Internet included for a substantial discount.

Britfrombristol Feb 29th 2004 9:04 pm

Don't forget ESPN for the Champions League games that have just started again!

We get ESPN on Direct TV but not sure what the cable situation is??

Pimpbot Feb 29th 2004 9:27 pm

Originally posted by Britfrombristol
Don't forget ESPN for the Champions League games that have just started again!

We get ESPN on Direct TV but not sure what the cable situation is??
We have all the ESPN channels on our cable package. ESPN 1 & 2, Classic, News etc etc.

kazzuk Mar 1st 2004 3:41 am

We can't get FSW on cable here in Florida, we have to have the dish. We would rather have cable, but my husband would go totally mad if he didn't get his fix of English football. He also listens to his team playing live evey Saturday on the internet. Keeps him happy!

Tone Mar 1st 2004 12:43 pm

I get Fox Sports World in Clearwater so don't know why you wouldn't get it down in Sarasota

kazzuk Mar 1st 2004 12:47 pm

Thanks Tone

Checking that one out today!

waxwabbit Mar 4th 2004 5:35 am

yeah i get fox sports in daytona too