Reload this Page >

Food Shopping in CA

Food Shopping in CA

Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Kisin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Food Shopping in CA

Hi guys!

Where would you recomend us to get reasonable price food in the Bay Area? I love HEB! Is there any HEB in the Bay Area???

Thank you guys!!!
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

tartian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Food Shopping in CA

Fresh n Easy has a small section at normal prices including BACON. It's the only place I've found in the 12 years I've lived here. The other places are well overpriced.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE you two.

Though have a search on BE, this subject is almost a weekly topic and there are loads of decent suggestions to get you started
Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bootle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kisin
Hi guys!

Where would you recomend us to get reasonable price food in the Bay Area? I love HEB! Is there any HEB in the Bay Area???

Thank you guys!!!
Berkeley Bowl is good - but it depends on what you mean by reasonably priced. There is also a Trader Joes just down the road in Oakland. You can also drop in and get a deep dish at Zachary's.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:18 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Whole Foods
Mollie Stones
Lunardis
Rainbow
Raleys
Draegers
Andronicos

All of the above can be pricey but also when they get a Ad or TPR on they can be very cheap, I would suggest going online and subscribing to the online weekly price deals
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

wild1127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Safeway & Trader Joe's
Old Aug 15th 2012, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Safeway and Trader Joe's are pretty much where I go, and I'm a broke student most of the time, if that's conveys the responsibility of price. Smart and Final is pretty cheap, too, but they generally sell stuff in bulk. Also Food Maxx is good on prices.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Location: Enniskillen soon to be Clovis yes Clovis and not Fresno I repeat not Fresno!!!
Ryan NI will become famous soon enoughRyan NI will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tartian
Fresh n Easy has a small section at normal prices including BACON. It's the only place I've found in the 12 years I've lived here. The other places are well overpriced.
Real BACON??!!!!

I can't live with out it. I've had to send the mother in law down to the local Meat Market with a picture of the cut so they can supply me with my daily supplement!!
Old Aug 15th 2012, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ryan NI
Real BACON??!!!!

I can't live with out it. I've had to send the mother in law down to the local Meat Market with a picture of the cut so they can supply me with my daily supplement!!
Real Bacon. I wish they would sell it cured, but the fact that it come's from the back, and isn't 95% fat is a victory all unto itself. They also sell chocolate that doesn't taste like American filth, too.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 7:05 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalopianFunk
Safeway and Trader Joe's are pretty much where I go, and I'm a broke student most of the time, if that's conveys the responsibility of price. Smart and Final is pretty cheap, too, but they generally sell stuff in bulk. Also Food Maxx is good on prices.
Modesto would be Winco for your best bet!!
Old Aug 16th 2012, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Trader Joe's for most things. There are lots of locations to choose from on the West side of the South Bay, not sure about East or the peninsula.

Local Farmer's markets are good for veg if there's one near you.

Otherwise Lucky is reasonable. Not as good as stores back home but okay.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Jscl
Trader Joe's for most things. There are lots of locations to choose from on the West side of the South Bay, not sure about East or the peninsula.

Local Farmer's markets are good for veg if there's one near you.

Otherwise Lucky is reasonable. Not as good as stores back home but okay.
Lucky is Savemart so if the OP see's a Savemart same difference
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Jay.california is an unknown quantity at this point

Trader joes is great for most stuff. I use target for junk and branded products.

What's lucky like? I've never been to one
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky's just like Safeway really. The ones here used to be Albertson's. I don't know why but here the Save-Marts aren't as good as the Luckys. I know they're part of the same chain and have interchangeable offers a lot of the time, but the ones here don't have a good selection like Lucky. You just have to find one that suits your needs I suppose.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Jscl
Lucky's just like Safeway really. The ones here used to be Albertson's. I don't know why but here the Save-Marts aren't as good as the Luckys. I know they're part of the same chain and have interchangeable offers a lot of the time, but the ones here don't have a good selection like Lucky. You just have to find one that suits your needs I suppose.
Lucky is the higher end chain name for Savemart and the stores are placed only in certain geograpical areas, but they all pull from the same distribuiton center and carry the same products, except Luckys have a few more quailty items and price themselves higher, plus in general the stores have been revamped or are newer.................they are clients of mine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.