Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

food safety course questions

food safety course questions

Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold
Default food safety course questions

Can anyone tell me of a web site that i can take the food safety course and the TABC course? i found one called TAKE IT TODAY, but i don't know if it recognised here, they say they are, but who can you trust these days! I have asked around here, even the manager at work and he doesn't have a clue either surprise! surprise!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:26 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: food safety course questions

Originally Posted by shazza777 View Post
Can anyone tell me of a web site that i can take the food safety course and the TABC course? i found one called TAKE IT TODAY, but i don't know if it recognised here, they say they are, but who can you trust these days! I have asked around here, even the manager at work and he doesn't have a clue either surprise! surprise!
When I was a teenager I worked behind the seafood/deli counter at a supermarket. I had to wear a hairnet because of some law even though my hair was only 1/4inch long and the net made me look like a Chia Pet. That's all I know about food safety. Sorry.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:43 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

I would call your local Health Department and TABC to check if the online courses qualify. I have a food handler card for Virginia and had to take a short class at the school where I work. All it involved was a trainer from the local health department coming to discuss food safety rules and the showing of a short video. I would imagine it would be easy to learn the same stuff online.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:49 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

what did the other employees do?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:17 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you ask your manger's manager or your manager's manager's manager? I say take it right to the top if no-one can answer your questions!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

I totaly give upon this one, i rang Texas health department thinking that they would surely help thought wrong! they passed me from department to department after the 7th department, i put the phone down :curse:
Everyone else at work went downtown to do their exam, can't drive at the minute becasue the transmition has gone on the car, that means i will have to pay $80 in total on taxi fares. I am only working as a bloody cashier in a cheap and dirty supermaket in the middle of the hood for crying out loud! :curse::curse:

I have found a few more sites, when i go into work later, i will give them the info i have and take it from there.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:57 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank View Post
When I was a teenager I worked behind the seafood/deli counter at a supermarket. I had to wear a hairnet because of some law even though my hair was only 1/4inch long and the net made me look like a Chia Pet. That's all I know about food safety. Sorry.
If you were still there today you would be wearing a ski mask
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:25 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm supposed to take a ServSafe course next month for work. It's two or three days long with an end of course test. Should I pass, it'll help my restaurant's sanitation rating.

I'd be quite worried if supervisors didn't know about which providers to use for food safety.

Do you work in a restaurant too?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:28 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link to the page to find the nearest ServSafe course to you:
http://www.servsafe.com/TrainingSearch.aspx
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:48 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion View Post
If you were still there today you would be wearing a ski mask
If I were still there today I'd be wearing a straightjacket.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NC Penguin View Post
Here's the link to the page to find the nearest ServSafe course to you:
http://www.servsafe.com/TrainingSearch.aspx
What a waste of time this is, they told me that i needed a TABC course too, i can't take that because you need an SS number and i haven't got one yet, so that leaves me with no job now well i supposed i have learned a few things through all of this.