Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Food brands that are different to the UK?

Food brands that are different to the UK?

Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food brands that are different to the UK?

Originally Posted by Patrick
did you have to join under another name just to pretend to be shocked! If you are going to pretend to be someone else at least change your style of writing, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon when you use the same expressions and spelling?

Uninteresting and without imagination, tragic
so who is it?
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
I am going to type this slowly so you can understand - what part of you are not in the UK anymore don't you get? Global companies do not always make global products, Uncle Ben's curries sell well in the UK where curry is the number one meal. Curry is so low on the totem pole here it is not worth them distributing it in bulk.
and chinese food is popular here, but you can't get an uncle bens sweet and sour stir fry....chips are popular here, but you can't get mccains microwave chips.

Just obsersations, I'm not taking it to heart, it isn't the end of the world, I'll make do.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:41 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by willmore
Cadbury whole nut chocolate bars....are terrible in Canada compared to the ones you can buy in the UK......

I know, tastes like dried out sick

According to my kids, and of course they know LOL

PD

Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:46 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
I know, tastes like dried out sick
Have you ever tried the "Cadburys" chocolate they sell in Africa? It's like carpet underlay with a vaguely chocolatey aftertaste.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by elfman
Have you ever tried the "Cadburys" chocolate they sell in Africa? It's like carpet underlay with a vaguely chocolatey aftertaste.
now there's an image
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:17 am
Perfumdiva1

Eh no, thank God

EEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:34 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
so who is it?
Not another one Bob The Green Issues thread is bad enough
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niksha
Jesus christ mate, relax will ya!!He asked a very legit queston, and u are all over the poor bugger. You remind me of a typical bloody Yank.

Ha!!! Yeah, I was going to jump his ass real good, but Patrick beat me to it- damn him.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by rincewind
Not another one Bob The Green Issues thread is bad enough
hehe...yeah, but there was no real double act in that one....all in his head...
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:28 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Oy, leave our choccies alone. UK Cadbury's tastes horrid compared to what I'm used to from S.A. (well, what I was used to nearly a decade ago)

bob,

Curry is so low on the totem pole here it is not worth them distributing it in bulk.
More's the pity.....Nothing quite like a curry-and-rice takeaway for lunch.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 4:04 am
Banned

precise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to allprecise_diamond is a name known to all

My my, Patrick

Are you having bad day??

There is no need to be so rude..

This is a British Expats web site, so really we can moan and complain all we like without offending any Americans, because we presume none are really interested in this site, also it does our souls goods to bitch about our favourite stuff that we were brought up with...

If you dont like it, then go to some other web site which doesnt not include free speech about our favourite foods etc and if this is all we are complaining about, then my God, we are tame, considering the country we are in, and before you start, some of us are only here because of the people we love, OK

In other words bugger off if it offends you..

PD
Well said....from one p_d to another.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 1:25 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I am having an excellent day thanks for asking.

I disagree, there is a need to be rude to Bob. Its not this subject but a lot of the subjects or comments he makes. You live in foreign country, you really must allow for that.

Nothing offends me, I think it is you being rude telling people to bugger off, I really dont think it necessary do you. If I cannot comment on Bob's constant astonishment that America is, in fact, not exactly the same as the UK. Then free speech is dead. The fact you think I should bugger off rather than air it is rude.

Bob has to find something to occupy his life, he got intensly boring about 2 months ago and has continued to go downhill from there.

Oh and thanks for not having a sense of humour, I enjoy it when I write things that you really should read and smile (even if there is truth behind it) but instead get so insensed you think I should let myself be sodomised and go away.

Cheers Bubba

Patrick
My my, Patrick

Are you having bad day??

There is no need to be so rude..

This is a British Expats web site, so really we can moan and complain all we like without offending any Americans, because we presume none are really interested in this site, also it does our souls goods to bitch about our favourite stuff that we were brought up with...

If you dont like it, then go to some other web site which doesnt not include free speech about our favourite foods etc and if this is all we are complaining about, then my God, we are tame, considering the country we are in, and before you start, some of us are only here because of the people we love, OK

In other words bugger off if it offends you..

PD
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Most Cadbury's products in the USA taste different. I think they are made in a US facility and use a different recipe.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:42 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

I...uh...please don't ban me, but...I find British chocolate absolutely horrific Sorry guys!

-Becs
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:47 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bionomique
Most Cadbury's products in the USA taste different. I think they are made in a US facility and use a different recipe.
They're made under license by Hersheys. And they suck. The other give away that they're made by Hershey's are the wrappers that look like they're cheap 1960's reproductions of Cadbury's labels.

Read carefully - if it says 'Made in England' then it's the real thing. Cost Plus carries a lot of the real ones. IMHO the S.A. ones are decent too - might be someone got a bad batch somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.