Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

follow to join ?

follow to join ?

Old Nov 20th 2001, 8:20 pm
Posts: n/a

Gurus, I got my permanent residency approved in march 2001. i had filled my I 485 in
Aug 1999. in nov 1999 i had gone to india on a H1 visa and got married to a
girlfriend of mine. but after the marriage we had differences over preferences of US
or india and had some amount of heated debate in the marriage to the extent she
decided to stay back in india and continue her schooling. after some convincing and
longing and good huge long distance calling card bills i was able to convince her to
come down to US. but now the major headache is the US visa. i have heard i can
sponsor a follow to join process for her since i have an employment based approval
for green card? is it possible to sponsor via this route or do i have to file the old
fashioned way of family based immigration petition and wait for my citizenship to
arrive? i heard the follow to join process is a faster but wanted to know the process
and what is required from both the ends? i have been filling taxes as a single since
i didn't have my wife here in the US with me. but now i would like to know the
options and i am close to just heading back for a hiatus of 2 yrs on the returning
resident permit or some INS approved mechanism. please shed some thoughts and your
invaluable advice thanks everyone popat.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.