Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flying via SFO - Connecting Flight - United

Flying via SFO - Connecting Flight - United

Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:41 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying via SFO - Connecting Flight - United

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Poppy Girl - I fly through SFO several times a year, and I'm always shocked at how good the food is, especially compared to any other airport I've ever been to (including LHR). There's Fung-Lum (Chinese); Boudin's bakery; Firewood Grill (pizza, etc); Ebisu (Japanese); Emporio Rulli (great panini's); Harbor Village (Chinese); a ton of Peet's Coffee places. Maybe it depends on the terminal; I did fly Delta to JFK recently and there was not much in the way of good food in their terminal; but I mainly fly United and find their terminals have great food. The international terminal is best, though.

As for "crowded" - I've flown into JFK a few times recently, and also Philadelphia ... THOSE are crowded airports! SFO strikes me as an airport built for the crowds that never came (ever since the recent expansion). Phoenix airport was even more 'empty', though, a couple of weeks ago.

Regarding the 'fog' - the fog occurs mainly in June/July. But also remember - SF's airport is not in SF - it is about 15 miles south, in a completely different climate.
LOL then we will have to beg to differ, but I personally feel that its way way over priced and no idea what terminal you are in but I cannot remeber a Peet's in the back of my mind I think I may of used one whilst flying to San Diego, but in general compared to most airports the shopping and food outlet's are certainly few and far between, now don't forget I am talking about once you have gone through security.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying via SFO - Connecting Flight - United

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
LOL then we will have to beg to differ, but I personally feel that its way way over priced and no idea what terminal you are in but I cannot remeber a Peet's in the back of my mind I think I may of used one whilst flying to San Diego, but in general compared to most airports the shopping and food outlet's are certainly few and far between, now don't forget I am talking about once you have gone through security.
For your Peet's coffee pleasure (from the website link I thought I'd posted above!!):

Peet’s Coffee & Tea

specialty coffee and tea, pastries, sandwiches and salads
Terminal 1, near International Terminal connector, pre-security
hours: daily, 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Terminal 1, Boarding Area B near Gate 26, post-security
hours: daily, 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Terminal 3, Boarding Area F, food court across from Gates 70/71, post-security
hours: daily, 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Terminal 3, Boarding Area F near Gate 73, post-security
hours: daily, 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Terminal 3, Boarding Area F near Gate 88, post-security
hours: daily, 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Terminal 3, Mezzanine Level Food Court, pre-security
hours: daily, 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

====================
I remember now, the great restaurants in the International terminal are pre-security, and the left and right ends, towards the back. The Chinese place is pretty good, as is the pizza place. My favorite, though, is Emporio Ruilli, which has great panini's!

As for overpriced, though - I fully agree!

Last edited by Steerpike; Mar 1st 2009 at 6:45 pm.